3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 1:31 PM by user7879080 RSS

BAM-00533 error...due to login error...but Weblogic DataSource is correct -- why?

user7879080

I am evaluating BAM and have encountered the following error while creating an EMS in BAM:

Test failed - oracle.bam.common.messaging.api.exception.OpenFailedException: BAM-00533: Resource open for destination jms/BAMEBIZTopic failed.

The error appears to be due to the following:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_AQADM_SYS", line 6536

ORA-06512: at line 1

ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_AQJMS", line 200

Has anyone else encountered this issue when setting up BAM with Oracle AQ via JMS? 

I am using the following as a guide:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bam/whitepaperbam-e-businesssuiteintegr-131964.pdf

The weblogic datasource is correct and tested successfully.

JNDI names are all correct.

Connection Factory config is correct.

It appears that the correct username/password are not being mapped correctly-- but how can I debug that?

I have turned the BAM server DEBUG options on for JDBC and JMS, but there is no output to show the correct username/passord values used to make the database connection.   Is there any way to decrypt the password and to log the username/password in a log file?  I am new to weblogic, so any help is appreciated.

Versions:

Oracle SOA Suite 11.1.1.7 

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0

Log entries for reference:

[2013-09-27T15:00:19.101-04:00] [bam_server1] [WARNING] [] [oracle.bam.common.messaging.api.jms.JMSMessageConsumerRegistry] [tid: Open thread for destination=jms/BAMEBIZTopic] [userId: weblogic] [ecid: b5190c518f1b5052:-31098aef:14160ba47f6:-8000-000000000000062b,1:17374] [APP: oracle-bam#11.1.1] Open thread for destination=jms/BAMEBIZTopic.handleThrowable error=oracle.bam.common.messaging.api.exception.OpenFailedException: BAM-00533: Resource open for destination jms/BAMEBIZTopic failed. destination=jms/BAMEBIZTopic[[
      oracle.bam.common.messaging.api.exception.OpenFailedException: BAM-00533: Resource open for destination jms/BAMEBIZTopic failed.
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.base.operation.MessageOperationBase.onOpenFailedException(MessageOperationBase.java:1272)
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.api.MessageConsumerRegistry.onOpenFailedException(MessageConsumerRegistry.java:935)
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.base.operation.MessageOperationBase.open(MessageOperationBase.java:1172)
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.base.operation.MessageOperationBase.access$000(MessageOperationBase.java:72)
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.base.operation.MessageOperationBase$1.performOperation(MessageOperationBase.java:1152)
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.base.operation.MessageOperationBase$UtilityThread.run(MessageOperationBase.java:2545)
      Caused by: oracle.bam.common.messaging.api.exception.RecoveryFailedException: BAM-00523: Resource recovery for destination jms/BAMEBIZTopic failed.
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.base.operation.MessageOperationBase.onRecoveryFailedException(MessageOperationBase.java:2027)
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.api.MessageConsumerRegistry.onRecoveryFailedException(MessageConsumerRegistry.java:954)
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.base.operation.MessageOperationBase.recover(MessageOperationBase.java:1865)
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.base.operation.MessageOperationBase.onOpenException(MessageOperationBase.java:1251)
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.base.operation.MessageOperationBase.performOpen(MessageOperationBase.java:1222)
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.base.operation.MessageOperationBase.open(MessageOperationBase.java:1163)
      ... 3 more
      Caused by: oracle.bam.common.messaging.api.exception.RecoveryFailedException: BAM-00523: Resource recovery for destination jms/BAMEBIZTopic failed.
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.base.operation.MessageOperationBase.performRecovery(MessageOperationBase.java:1979)
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.base.operation.MessageOperationBase.recover(MessageOperationBase.java:1856)
      ... 6 more
      Caused by: oracle.bam.common.messaging.api.MessageFrameworkException: BAM-00500: exception in messaging framework: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_AQADM_SYS", line 6536
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_AQJMS", line 200

at oracle.bam.common.messaging.api.jms.JMSMessageConsumerRegistry.acquireResources(JMSMessageConsumerRegistry.java:775)
      at oracle.bam.common.messaging.base.operation.MessageOperationBase.performOpen(MessageOperationBase.java:1211)
      ... 4 more

• 1. Re: BAM-00533 error...due to login error...but Weblogic DataSource is correct -- why?
          HDeiby

You is using a DBLINK and that username/password is incorrect.

if you don't know what DBLINK is using, you can query the DBA_DB_LINKS:

SQL> desc dba_db_links;

Name                                      Null?    Type

----------------------------------------- -------- ----------------------------

OWNER                                     NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)

DB_LINK                                   NOT NULL VARCHAR2(128)

USERNAME                                           VARCHAR2(30)

HOST                                               VARCHAR2(2000)

CREATED                                   NOT NULL DATE

after that you need recreate it:

conn / as sysdba

create public database link <TARGET_DB_NAME> using '<TARGET_DB_NAME>';

conn strmadmin/strmadmin@<SOURCE_DB_NAME>

create database link <TARGET_DB_NAME> connect to strmadmin identified by strmadmin;

• 2. Re: BAM-00533 error...due to login error...but Weblogic DataSource is correct -- why?
            user7879080

I am not using a DBLINK.   I have a Weblogic JDBC datasource configured.  That datasource works and tests succussfully inside the Weblogic console.   The error comes when defining the Enterprise Message Source (EMS) within BAM via the JMS module config.  DBLINKS are not used in this configuration.

If this were code, I could step through it and debug it.   I don't see a way to debug this through the BAM dashboard.

• 3. Re: BAM-00533 error...due to login error...but Weblogic DataSource is correct -- why?
              user7879080

The error was due to LDAP password authentication in my target database.  There were no issues with BAM itself.