4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2013 11:07 AM by Pablolee RSS

Comment after the commit statement.

BS2012

Hi Everyone,

Please do have a look at this.

Commenting on COMMIT: Example The following statement commits the current transaction and associates a comment with it:

COMMIT COMMENT 'In-doubt transaction Code 36, Call (415) 555-2637';

Now where can I see that comment? What is the data dictionary, which will have this detail?

Regards,

BS2012.

• 2. Re: Comment after the commit statement.
          Karthick_Arp

If you look into the document for the COMMIT statement you will see this.

COMMENT Clause

Specify a comment to be associated with the current transaction. The 'text' is a quoted literal of up to 255 bytes that Oracle Database stores in the data dictionary view DBA_2PC_PENDING along with the transaction ID if a distributed transaction becomes in doubt. This comment can help you diagnose the failure of a distributed transaction.

• 3. Re: Comment after the commit statement.
            Anar Godjaev

HI ,

Specify a comment to be associated with the current transaction. The 'text' is a quoted literal of up to 255 bytes that Oracle Database stores in the data dictionary view DBA_2PC_PENDING along with the transaction ID if a distributed transaction becomes in doubt. This comment can help you diagnose the failure of a distributed transaction.

Please check link

Oracle DCL Commands- SampleCodePool.com

Thank you

• 4. Re: Comment after the commit statement.
              Pablolee

AnarGodjaev wrote:

Once again, plagiarism. Cite your source when you copy paste. Clearly you know how to post a link, why not post a link to the text that you copy pasted from (i.e. the documentation, i.e. the EXACT page that I linked to?)