2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2013 9:22 PM by MarkSmith_FDM

User Security Level by Location (not default level) - Report possible in FDM?

MarkSmith_FDM

We have numerous cases where users have access to multiple locations, and where the security level is different for each location.

We need a report that shows the specific security level for EACH Location, not just the users default security level (since security level for a location supercedes the default level).

I was trying to create a custom FDM report (we are on 11.1.2.1) using the FDM API function fSecLevelLocSet but can't get the report to work so far.    Are these the correct functions to be using?

fSecLevelGet Get the requested user's application security level attribute value.clsSecurity

fSecLevelLocGet Get the requested user's application security level attribute value clsSecurity

from the partition access list.

Does anyone know the best way to get a report in FDM of User Security access level by individual locations?       The  User List by Level report is useless since is only show users application default level.

Thanks,

Mark Smith

Delphi

• 1. Re: User Security Level by Location (not default level) - Report possible in FDM?
          JTF85

Have you explored editing the reports in Workbench?  I have created a similar report in workbench, by adjusting the SQL query and only slightly adjusting the  report.  It does get a bit difficult when it comes to the "Default" the user may be assigned.  you could also do a pretty quick SQL query of the FDM database to capture this information as well, look at tSecUser and tSecUserPartition (Watch out this uses partition names, so you'd have to link it to the location name in tPOVPartition).

Regards

JTF

• 2. Re: User Security Level by Location (not default level) - Report possible in FDM?
            MarkSmith_FDM

Thanks for  your reply.  These are both great ideas.

I was thinking about doing the SQL query too.    I am going to get with out Oracle DBA and query the tables tomorrow to see if we can make sense of it.   Thanks for the tip on the location name link in tPOVPartition, I wouldn't have known.

Thanks again.     I'll report back tomorrow the solution we ended up going with.    I'll try to play with the report some more as well.