2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2013 12:05 PM by sbing52

Re: [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver (MS Access - SQLDeveloper Connection)

sbing52

Relevant up-front details:

Windows 7 64 bit  desktop

SQL Developer 3.2.2 64 bit

SQL Developer 3.0  32 bit

MS Access Data Source

Problem Description:

Every time I attempt to set up a connection within SQL Developer to MS Access, I get the “Re: [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver” message. 

I have created a System DSN with the same name as the Connection Name I am using within SQL Developer.   

Currently Microsoft does not provide a 64bit MS Access ODBC driver, there is however a 32 bit ODBC driver.  I did some research within MOS and found a related article.  The solution in the article is to install the 32 bit version of SQL Developer and use it instead of the SQL Developer provided within the Oracle 12c distribution.

I did just that.  I installed a 32 bit version of SQL Developer and tried the connection with no luck.  I received the same exact error.

It looks like the driver is registered within Microsoft Windows and I can locate the associated *.dll file within the C:Windows\System32 directory.

Just as an aside, this is a new windows 7 configured box.  This connection has never worked on this desktop.  I was using a WndowsXP configuration prior to this and I never had any issue connecting to MS Access through SQL Developer.  I would simply create the System DSN with the same name as the connection, enter the *.mdb or *.accdb file with its complete path, and SQL developer would connect every time without any issues.