0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2013 4:24 AM by aasubram RSS

Unable to change Password in SQLDeveloper

aasubram

Hi.

One of my customer has the following issue.

The mechanism to change passwords does not work. Please see the following workflow:

1. I start from “disconnected” status (this is the normal case, because my password would be expired and I would not be able to connect, but the same happens even when the password is not expired and I simply want to change it),

2. I try to change my password with SQL Developer "Reset Password" window, and

3. I get an error message: oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.t2cCreateState([BI[BI I tested it with expired and not expired passwords, nothing seems to work. Same thing happens if I use the command “Password” from within SQL Developer. If the user is lucky enough to remember to change the password before it expires, he/she can change it within SQL Developer with the simple command  alter user Nxxx identified by "xxx" replace  "yyy" -- yyy = old password, xxx = new password I tested it and it works well, but unfortunately this is a rare case that a user remembers to change before it expires, so we absolutely  need this window to work correctly. My SQL Developer version: 3.2.09 Java Platform 1.6.0_11 Oracle Lite Client 11.2.0.3.0 OS Windows XP Professional

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,

Anand