7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2013 10:52 AM by Nicolette RSS

Difference between processes in the page rendering and in page processing ?

salute-Salem

db11gxe and apex 4.0 ,

hi all ,

i am confused about the difference of the processes in these two columns , what is the diff ?

the same "? there is no difference i can see ?

so what is the diff again ?

thanks

• 1. Re: Difference between processes in the page rendering and in page processing ?
          vincent_deelen

Hi,

The difference is that the page rendering section deals with the rendering of the page, while the page processing section deals with the processing of the page.

In other words: page rendering section controls how your page looks, what content is displayed on the page and what functionality is available. The page processing section controls how the data on your page is send to the database where it's stored.

Regards,

Vincent

• 2. Re: Difference between processes in the page rendering and in page processing ?
            Nicolette

Newbi_egy

Page rendering:

Everything that needs to be done to show the page to you.

Page processing

Everything that needs to be done on submitting the page.

Such as handling the  changes the user made to values of items on the screen.

Seen in time this is what is happening.

1.  A page is rendered this includes doing computation, fetch processes rendering of the regions etc. and the page is shown to the user.

2.  The user is interaction with the page and then clicks a button to save what he/she was doing.

3.  The page is submitted and on submit the computations, validations , processes and branches are processed.

Can you point out where you saw this question: "

• 3. Re: Difference between processes in the page rendering and in page processing ?
              salute-Salem

Can you point out where you saw this question: "

click create process button , you will see it , it is the first page in the wizard .

• 4. Re: Difference between processes in the page rendering and in page processing ?
                salute-Salem

page rendering section controls how your page looks, what content is displayed on the page and what functionality is available.

how can this section control the look of my page and the contents with a process (PL\SQL , web service , Data manipulation ,.....ete) .

i repeat it is the same categories .

if you can provide me with an example of creating a process to shape my page contents and the look of my page ,please ?

• 5. Re: Difference between processes in the page rendering and in page processing ?
                  Nicolette

Newbi_egy

The same wizard is shown no matter what processing point you have chosen.

That means that all types of processes are shown even the ones that are not appropiate for that particular process point.

One of the types that can be used on both render and submit is PL/SQL.

On render you could think of a custom fetch process that gets and calculates and set the values to multiple page items.

On processing you could think of custom DML process that does the insert or/ and update into one or multipe tables.

Other categories contain multiple types for rendering and processing

for example Data manipulation with:

1 Automated row fetch. This gets the data from the database and sets it in the page items.

2. Automated row processing (DML). This process those the insert, update or delete of the row in a table.

So the automated fetch is for the rendering and the automated row processing is for the submit, page processing.

Nicolette

• 6. Re: Difference between processes in the page rendering and in page processing ?
                    salute-Salem

That means that all types of processes and process points  are shown even the ones that are not appropiate for that particular process point.

thanks is the question , that is what i want to refer to ,

are you agree with me that there are "PROCESSES AND PROCESS POINTS" which have nothing to do with the page rendering phase ?

that's why i exclaim .

• 7. Re: Difference between processes in the page rendering and in page processing ?
                      Nicolette

Newbi_egy

Yes. There are process types that are specific for the page processing or page submit phase and not the page rendering phase.

Just as there are process type that are specific for page rendering and not for page submit.

And there is even a process type that is specific for the user interaction phase. Namely the "Run On Demand Process"

But I don't understand what there is to exclaim about

1. to cry out or speak suddenly and vehemently, as in surprise, strong emotion, or protest.

2. to cry out; say loudly or vehemently.

(The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.)

I understand that it can be confusing at first. That you get the same wizard and the same options for process types no matter which process point you have chosen. But if you start building your pages using the wizard to create forms and reports. The process needed for those regions to work are automatically created. Showing you what the correct display point is for them.

Nicolette