4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2013 5:15 AM by Alex.Keh .Product.Manager-Oracle RSS

VS2012 C#.net Winform Application with Oracle 10g database(ODP.NET) using Oracle.DataAccess.Client, works during debug, issue with deployment

56be058b-09d6-4a78-bead-060f8cbe79aa

Hello,

I am new to the Oracle database application development. I recently created a simple application to connect with Oracle database. The database is a 10g 10.1 database and I managed to get it work while debugging.

I used Installshield to create a installation package and try to test the deployment and I am keeping getting the error as "the type initializer for 'oracle.dataaccess.client.oracleconnection' threw an exception" in windows XP 32 bit and I am having following error within Win7 64bit after I changed (x86) to be x86  

System.Data.OracleClient.OracleException was caught
        HResult=-2146232008
        Message=ORA-06413: Connection not open.

Source=System.Data.OracleClient
        ErrorCode=-2146232008
        Code=6413
        StackTrace:
             at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleException.Check(OciErrorHandle errorHandle, Int32 rc)
             at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleInternalConnection.OpenOnLocalTransaction(String userName, String password, String serverName, Boolean integratedSecurity, Boolean unicode, Boolean omitOracleConnectionName)
             at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleInternalConnection..ctor(OracleConnectionString connectionOptions)
             at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
             at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
             at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
             at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
             at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
             at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
             at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
             at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.Open()
             at ConnectionFactory.ConnectionManager.GetDBConnection(String connectionString)
        InnerException:

I am running out the idea at the moment. Could anyone give me any suggestion?

Regards,

PS. I did try the managed drive as well, but I think it will only works for version 10.2 or above.