3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2013 4:15 PM by 996794 RSS

Generate header option as variable

Hi,

I have a requirement where I want to use the same interface to write/append a file multiple times based on some conditions.I want to be able to control the Header column generation based on a variable value.

The Generate Header option in the IKM SQL to File append is a checkbox and it can only be set to True of False. So if I set it to true, it generates header each time the interface is run. Is there a solution for it?

Thanks,

Puneet

• 1. Re: Generate header option as variable
          SH

Hi,

I imagine that you customize the KM so it takes a True / False value for the option instead of this being set by a checkbox, or create another KM option and use that to drive the header creation. Create a copy of the KM before customization and investigate which is the most appropriate approach.

• 2. Re: Generate header option as variable

Hi SH,

The generate header step is using file technology and following code , with GENERATE_HEADER option checked as yes.

create header    <%=odiRef.getTargetColList("(", "[COL_NAME]", ",\n\t", ")")%>

Can you tell me what changes I need to make? I can Make the GENERATE_HEADER option as text (instead of checkbox), but how to use it to drive header creation?

Thanks,

Puneet

• 3. Re: Generate header option as variable

I changed the GENERATE_HEADER option to datatype text and it works partially:

Here is the code for step:

<%if(odiRef.getOption("GEN_HEADER").equals("Y")) {%>

create header     <%=odiRef.getTargetColList("(", "[COL_NAME]", ",\n\t", ")")%>

<% } %>

It works perfectly when the value is Y. but fails when the option is set to N, with below error:

ODI-1228: Task TEST (Integration) fails on the target FILE connection EBS_Export.

Caused By: java.sql.SQLException: ODI-40480: Malformed INSERT statement.

The code generated in case of option N is:

/*$$SNPS_START_KEYSNP$CRDWG_TABLESNP$CRTABLE_NAME=GL_EXTRACT_DETAILSNP$CRLOAD_FILE=C:\TEST\/#GL_EXTRACT.P_FILE_NAMESNP$CRFILE_FORMAT=DSNP$CRFILE_SEP_FIELD=0x007cSNP$CRFILE_SEP_LINE=0x000D0x000ASNP$CRFILE_FIRST_ROW=1SNP$CRFILE_ENC_FIELD=SNP$CRFILE_DEC_SEP=SNP$CRSNP$CRDWG_COLSNP$CRCOL_NAME=Line_ColsSNP$CRTYPE_NAME=STRINGSNP$CRORDER=1SNP$CRLENGTH=50SNP$CRPRECISION=50SNP$CRACTION_ON_ERROR=0SNP$CRSNSNP$CRACTION_ON_ERROR=0SNP$CR$$SNPS_END_KEY*/

I cant find a way to comment this section. So workaround is to ignore errors on step.

Any better ideas are welcome!!

Thanks,

Puneet