4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2013 6:42 PM by 1013278 RSS

Help: How can I change the default row per page from 15 to 100?

Hello,

Our database table has alot of data. For one of the error type column, we might have 1378 data for onr type and our application need at least to prin out 100 or 200 per page to be able to review and delete 100 rows. For example if there is 400 rows of data for error type VITA100, using a page that print 100 rows, the user will clear the data 4 time using the delete button. Now if the page print 15 rows at the time then the user will clear data more then 25 times.

The problem is because we have alot of data and when I run the report click the Action button, go to page per rows in the context menu and change that to 100, APEX will freeze while trying to process this and it will take forever and it is painful to watch taking all day whithout changing. The page freezes all the time so this process doesn't work for us for this particular application. I can do it for other application that doesn't access data that are over a 6000 rows. So for now I need the mechanism to change the rows through pagination attribute and here I don't have much to work with.

Can someone help me how to change the default report row value at the bottom with next icon to 100.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Help: How can I change the default row per page from 15 to 100?
          jariola

Hi,

APEX version?

Is this classic or interactive report?

Regards,

Jari

• 2. Re: Help: How can I change the default row per page from 15 to 100?

Oracle Version is 4.2  this is an Interective Report.

The problem is because we have alot of data and when I run the report click the Action button, go to page per rows in the context menu and change that to 100, APEX will freeze while trying to process this and it will take forever and it is painful to watch taking all day whithout changing. The page freezes all the time so this process doesn't work for us for this particular application. I can do it for other application that doesn't access data that are over a 6000 rows. So for now I need the mechanism to change the rows through pagination attribute and here I don't have much to work with.

• 3. Re: Help: How can I change the default row per page from 15 to 100?
              Nicolette

To set the number of rows shown as default to an other value than 15.

1. If the action menu is not active for the interactive report activate it. Make sure "Rows Per Page" and "Save Report" are checked.
              2. Now run the page and use the Action menu > Rows per page to set the number of rows you want.
              3. Save the report again trough the action menu.
              4. When prompted choose save "As Default report settings".
              5. And then choose "Primary"

The default number of rows displayed is now permanent changed.

If the users arenot allowed to use the action menu you can now deactivate it again.

The saving of the report as default report settings works for other action menu settings as well.

Nicolette

• 4. Re: Help: How can I change the default row per page from 15 to 100?

I agree, but this strategy is not working for us because of the volume of the data in the database. Once you select the number of rows per page in Action menu, APEX will try to process that event to set the rows to 100, then this will take forever and freeze because APEX is trying to process the data. I did this in a smaller application (DMA) and it works. I can print 100 roows per page but not in the Application (ADC) I am trying to solve this issue. Another issue I will unticipate, is that every time we will deploy the application we will go through this issue.Because when we do a new deployment, the new deployment will reset the report to the original report so I will have to set rows to 100 and save the report again.

IS there any solution that is best then this? My question is that why Developer at Oracle didn't allow a developer to set the number at development as developer will set the maximun number on pagination section? where the initial 15 rows is in the application with Next icon? I have been searching for the initial 15 rows on report can someone tell me where I can find that so I can change it to 100?