8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2013 1:31 PM by GTS (DBA)

opatch lsinventory  command not working

GTS (DBA)

Hello  everyone ;

DB  VERSION : 10.2.0.4.0

Where  can i get installed patch details  on my database ?

$ pwd

/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/OPatch

$ opatch lsinventory

bash: opatch: command not found

opatch lsinventory -details

select * from sys.registry$history;

ACTION_TIME                      ACTION    NAMESPACE     VERSION     ID      COMMENTS

----------------------------- ----------  ------------  ------------ -----  ------------------------

25-SEP-13 05.11.06.473974 AM   UPGRADE      SERVER      10.2.0.4.0          Upgraded from 10.2.0.1.0

Thanks ..

• 2. Re: opatch lsinventory  command not working
          EdStevens

8f953842-815b-4d8c-833d-f2a3dd51e602 wrote:

Hello  everyone ;

DB  VERSION : 10.2.0.4.0

Where  can i get installed patch details  on my database ?

$ pwd

/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/OPatch

$ opatch lsinventory

Look at the error message.  bash (the shell processor) is telling you it couldn't find an executable named 'opatch'.  And why couldn't he?  Because, unlike Windblows., *nix doesn't by default search the current directory to find executables.  He searches only the directories listed in the path, or else you have to tell it explicitly where to find the referenced executable.

YOu could do any of the following:

./opatch lisinventory

(telling bash to look in the current directory .. that's what the  'dot' does

or

/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/OPatch/opatch lsinventory

(telling bash the full path to the executable)

or

export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/OPatch:$PATH

opatch lsinventory

(adding the directory containing the executable to the PATH.

opatch lsinventory -details

If bash couldn't find opatch, he can't find opatch, regardless of what command line parms you may be asking it to pass to opatch if he did find it.

select * from sys.registry$history;

ACTION_TIME                      ACTION    NAMESPACE     VERSION     ID      COMMENTS

----------------------------- ----------  ------------  ------------ -----  ------------------------

25-SEP-13 05.11.06.473974 AM   UPGRADE      SERVER      10.2.0.4.0          Upgraded from 10.2.0.1.0

Thanks ..

• 3. Re: opatch lsinventory  command not working
            GTS (DBA)

@ Edstevens

Anyhow i was trying to find  installed patach details. your answer  is working for me. THANKS

$ export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/OPatch:$PATH

$ opatch lsinventory

Invoking OPatch 10.2.0.4.2

Oracle Interim Patch Installer version 10.2.0.4.2

Copyright (c) 2007, Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Oracle Home       : /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1

Central Inventory : /u01/app/oracle/oraInventory

from              : /etc/oraInst.loc

OPatch version    : 10.2.0.4.2

OUI version       : 10.2.0.4.0

OUI location      : /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/oui

Log file location : /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/cfgtoollogs/opatch/opatch2013-10-09_12-09-40PM.log

Lsinventory Output file location : /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/cfgtoollogs/opatch/lsinv/lsinventory2013-10-09_12-09-40PM.txt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installed Top-level Products (2):

Oracle Database 10g                                                  10.2.0.1.0

Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Patch Set 3                            10.2.0.4.0

There are 2 products installed in this Oracle Home.

There are no Interim patches installed in this Oracle Home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more Question:

After patching on my database ,  In oraInventory , can i see  any information related to applied patch details  ?

I was searching into oraInventory  directory. i cannot find any information related to 10.2.0.4.0.

Thanks ..

• 4. Re: opatch lsinventory  command not working
              Srini Chavali-Oracle

Installed Top-level Products (2):

Oracle Database 10g                                                  10.2.0.1.0

Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Patch Set 3                            10.2.0.4.0

There are 2 products installed in this Oracle Home.

There are no Interim patches installed in this Oracle Home.

The command does show that the 10.2.0.4 patch was applied - what other details are you looking for ? If other patches were applied to this HOME, they would be listed too

HTH
              Srini

• 5. Re: opatch lsinventory  command not working
                GTS (DBA)

@ srini ,

what other details are you looking for ? If other patches were applied to this HOME, they would be listed too

You said  in my other thrad , ' should not delete oraInventory - it is not required for normal running of the database, but is required for patches and upgrades '

so oraInventory is required to to maintain patching information  and installed components information.

Can i see those information(patching info , installed version details , etc ..) inside  oraInventory directory ?

Thnaks ..

• 6. Re: opatch lsinventory  command not working
                  Srini Chavali-Oracle

Depending on the version, you will see the patch number, the date it was applied and possibly a short description - on my system, I get this output

$ ./opatch lsinventory

Oracle Interim Patch Installer version 11.2.0.3.3

Copyright (c) 2012, Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Oracle Home       : /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1

Central Inventory : /u01/app/oraInventory

from           : /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/oraInst.loc

OPatch version    : 11.2.0.3.3

OUI version       : 11.2.0.3.0

Log file location : /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/cfgtoollogs/opatch/opatch2013-10-10_07-49-31AM_1.log

Lsinventory Output file location : /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/cfgtoollogs/opatch/lsinv/lsinventory2013-10-10_07-49-31AM.txt

Installed Top-level Products (1):

Oracle Database 11g                                                  11.2.0.3.0

There are 1 products installed in this Oracle Home.

Interim patches (1) :

Patch  14727310     : applied on Sun Jan 20 10:46:26 EST 2013

Unique Patch ID:  15663328

Patch description:  "Database Patch Set Update : 11.2.0.3.5 (14727310)"

Created on 27 Dec 2012, 00:06:30 hrs PST8PDT

Sub-patch  14275605; "Database Patch Set Update : 11.2.0.3.4 (14275605)"

Sub-patch  13923374; "Database Patch Set Update : 11.2.0.3.3 (13923374)"

Sub-patch  13696216; "Database Patch Set Update : 11.2.0.3.2 (13696216)"

Sub-patch  13343438; "Database Patch Set Update : 11.2.0.3.1 (13343438)"

The details of the what each patch are in the README of the patch.

What issue are you trying to solve ?

HTH
                  Srini

• 7. Re: opatch lsinventory  command not working
                    EdStevens

8f953842-815b-4d8c-833d-f2a3dd51e602 wrote:

@ srini ,

what other details are you looking for ? If other patches were applied to this HOME, they would be listed too

You said  in my other thrad , ' should not delete oraInventory - it is not required for normal running of the database, but is required for patches and upgrades '

so oraInventory is required to to maintain patching information  and installed components information.

Can i see those information(patching info , installed version details , etc ..) inside  oraInventory directory ?

Thnaks ..

Can i see those information(

What prevent you from looking at it yourself to see what is there?  Start your search at /etc/oraInst.loc

You could also glean some additional clues from Uncategorized | Ed Stevens, DBA

• 8. Re: opatch lsinventory  command not working
                      GTS (DBA)

@ Edtevens

From your link  this topic is understandable for me. Exploring password lifetime and grace period

i'm sorry i do NOT understand  Oracle Inventory Survey topic.

Thanks ..