2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2013 7:10 AM by Dimitar Slavov-Oracle

4.0EA2 - PDF of diagram Truncated

rickanderson

I may have run into a possible bug. I am running 4.0.0.820 and when I run a report that includes diagrams, the resulting pdf is truncated.  By truncated I mean that not all the tables are visible and some of the tables are cut off vertically (I can see the column names but the data types are missing.  To generate the report I selected the following:

Available Reports: Tables

Output Format: HTML

Report Title : All Tables Details

I created a template called Table Template 1 (original huh) and left every checkbox checked.

Under Loaded Designs it points to the one design and model I have available.  I then created a Report Configuration (called Report Config).  This config has one sub-view selected and all the tables in the sub-view selected.  This sub-view has 25 tables and 37 FK relations.

The report (HTML) generates fine (nice layout and good info).  When I click on the referenced PDF link in the "Used In Diagrams" section for an individual table, a one page PDF opens with the truncated image.  I wouldn't mind a multiplage PDF or, ideally, a PDF that shows the single table.

As a side note: I've noticed similar behavior when I do a Print Diagram -> PDF.  If I have my model zoomed out so I can see all the tables and no details (column names, table names, etc) showing, when I save the PDF it saves the exact same way.  This is also true for the SVG export and Image.  Whatever level of zoom I have selected is the level of zoom on the image.

Finally (and yes I know that is three different items in one post) can anyone suggest a good way to print these models on on a plotter that is connected to a different computer.  I need to save the model into a format that a computer that does not have Data Modeler on can print.  This computer is used to generate all sorts of GIS models but does not have Data Modeler installed (installing is not an option because of "Policy").  That is why I have been playing with PDF, SVG, and PNG files all afternoon.

Thanks

Rick Anderson

• 1. Re: 4.0EA2 - PDF of diagram Truncated
          Philip Stoyanov-Oracle

Hi Rick,

thanks for feedback.

By truncated I mean that not all the tables are visible and some of the tables are cut off vertically (I can see the column names but the data types are missing.  To generate the report I selected the following:

I cannot reproduce it. Can you send that pdf file to my email - it's "my first name dot last name at oracle dot com"

This sub-view has 25 tables and 37 FK relations.

I assume your model has much more tables and FKs. If your design is big you can try to increase memory dedicated to Data Modeler - sometimes low memory impacts printing to pdf.

Print Diagram -> PDF.  If I have my model zoomed out so I can see all the tables and no details (column names, table names, etc) showing, when I save the PDF it saves the exact same way

Correct - current status of diagram is printed. So you need to set 1:1 zoom ratio ("Default Size" icon on toolbar - the one between "Fit Screen" and "Find")

Philip

• 2. Re: 4.0EA2 - PDF of diagram Truncated
            Dimitar Slavov-Oracle

Hi Rick,

Do you see the truncated tables when opening them in the browser only? What happens when you open the PDF file with some PDF reader (Adobe Foxit Reader etc.)  ?

In addition to what Philip said you can try using Saxon. See the file \datamodeler\reports\Reports_Info.txt