3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2013 12:05 PM by Alex.Keh .Product.Manager-Oracle RSS

Installtion Query

I am using .Net 4.0 for development with Entity framework we are using database.Database is Oraclee. with help of ODAC we are using DB.

Do I have to install ODAC on server as well.

• 2. Re: Installtion Query

Thanks for reply..

But when i m trying to run my application on server , it is throwing below error:

System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed. at System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.GetFactory(String providerString)

• 3. Re: Installtion Query
            Alex.Keh .Product.Manager-Oracle

The error seems to indicate that ODP.NET was not installed properly on the client. The <DbProviderFactories> entries for ODP.NET don't seem to have been added. You should try re-installing ODP.NET again so that the GUI or xcopy install script can add this entry. Or you can add this entry manually. It should look something like this, depending on the ODP.NET version you use.

<add name="ODP.NET, Managed Driver" invariant="Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client" description="Oracle Data Provider for .NET, Managed Driver" type="Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleClientFactory, Oracle.ManagedDataAccess, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342" />

<add name="ODP.NET, Unmanaged Driver" invariant="Oracle.DataAccess.Client" description="Oracle Data Provider for .NET, Unmanaged Driver" type="Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleClientFactory, Oracle.DataAccess, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342" />