3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2013 7:50 AM by Jeff Smith Sqldev Pm-Oracle RSS

SQLDev E4.2 - Run button disabled

jstaelens

Hello,

I get an issue with SQLDev E4.2. As a developer, I get the right to run some packages on prod/acceptance environment but not compile/debug/change it. With version 3.2.2, those rights doesn't disable the run button but if I open the same package on E4.2, the run buton is disaled.

• 1. Re: SQLDev E4.2 - Run button disabled
          Jeff Smith Sqldev Pm-Oracle

Can you list your exact granted PRIVs so we can try to duplicate your issue?

If you have EXECUTE ON the packages in question, the 'Green Play' button for running the code should be available.

• 2. Re: SQLDev E4.2 - Run button disabled
            jstaelens

I took a package of our Acceptance environment as example (here S369_PA_PRECOMPUTE)

We are connecting with A369 user who gets the grant an execution role on package (role name is X_A369).

SELECT * FROM USER_ROLE_PRIVS WHERE granted_role = 'X_369';

"USERNAME""GRANTED_ROLE""ADMIN_OPTION""DEFAULT_ROLE""OS_GRANTED"
            "A369""X_A369""NO""YES""NO"

SELECT * FROM all_TAB_PRIVS

where table_name = 'S369_PA_PRECOMPUTE';

"GRANTOR""GRANTEE""TABLE_SCHEMA""TABLE_NAME""PRIVILEGE""GRANTABLE""HIERARCHY"
            "S369""X_A369""S369""S369_PA_PRECOMPUTE""EXECUTE""NO""NO"

I tested it again... I'm connecting with the same user on the same DB and opening the same package. I get the "Green Play" appears enabled on SQL Dev 3.2.20.09 and not on 4.0.0.12.

• 3. Re: SQLDev E4.2 - Run button disabled
              Jeff Smith Sqldev Pm-Oracle

I can duplicate this behavior in 4 EA2 and the current dev build - interesting that this only happens with packages and not standalone procedures or functions. Bugging it, but it may not make the next EA. It will definitely be fixed for the 4 GA release.