5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2013 3:28 AM by salute-Salem RSS

automated row fetch

salute-Salem

db11gxe , apex 4.0 , firefox 24 ,

i am trying to follow these instructions vainly

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17556_01/doc/user.40/e15517/app_comp.htm#autoId78

to fetch the data into a form of the "dept" table ,

what happens is , i see the success message but i do not see the data ??

• 1. Re: automated row fetch
          vdsadhi

Hi

Whatever item you are having in this field "Item Containing Primary Key Column Value" while creating the process. You should populate it's value, may be through URL.

You can check the item value in the session. You can check if you are having the pages created by using 'Form on a table with report' so that you will get some idea.

Thanks

Lakshmi

• 2. Re: automated row fetch
            Nicolette

Newbi-egy

Sounds like you are filling out a form click the create button and then see the succesmessage that the information is saved to the database and seeing an empty form.

While you expect to see the form filled with the data you just saved.

In the "Automatic Row Processing (DML)" process (name is something like "Process Row of table name"  set the setting "Return Key Into Item" to the same value as "Item Containing Primary Key Column Value".

If you're using 2 columns as primary key do the same thing for the second column.

Something you need to be aware of is that by setting the return key item into a commit is done the moment apex sets the returned value into the specified item.

Nicolette

• 3. Re: automated row fetch
              salute-Salem

Sounds like you are filling out a form click the create button and then see the succes message that the information is saved to the database and seeing an empty form

how is this could be , what data ? does not "automatic row fetch" fetche the data from the database to me ? or what should it do ?

and how is the data saved if it is already existed ? and there is a primary key .

In the "Automatic Row Processing (DML)" process (name is something like "Process Row of table name"  set the setting "Return Key Into Item" to the same value as "Item Containing Primary Key Column Value".

is this an alternative to achieve my goal ?

• 4. Re: automated row fetch
                Nicolette

Newbi_egy

Seems that we are talking about 2 different things.

I'm talking about creating a new record in the table the form is based on and after saving this new record displaying it in the same form.

You seem to be talking to when you first land on the page you expect a record to be displayed.

How do you move to this form page in your application.

For example do you have a report with a link to the form page?

If not how do you determine what the record is that should be displayed?

Either way as already mentioned by Lakshmi the item that holds the primary key needs to be set to that of the row you want to display before the fetch process is run.

Nicolette

• 5. Re: automated row fetch
                  salute-Salem

the problem is the primary key is not populated yet , and it has to be first