3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2013 12:37 PM by Gopinath Ramasamy RSS

Endeca:search interface

KannanMN

I have integrated  atg application with endeca.But whenever i search  ,its taking default search interface("All").How can i change this?Is there any way to add new search interface using developer studio?

I tried to add a new search interface DNAME with search member product.displayName.But i dont know what should i do to reflect it in the application?I am suing atg 10.1.2

Please help

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Endeca:search interface
          Gopinath Ramasamy

Hi KannanMN,

You can add a new search interface using Dev Studio.

Make sure that you are creating a Search Interface, select the members and save the project in Dev Studio. Run the load baseline and baseline update scripts. Then check the reference application.

Hope this helps.

Keep posting the updates or questions.

Thanks,

Gopinath Ramasamy

• 2. Re: Endeca:search interface
            KannanMN

Thanks Gopinath.I created a new search interface using Dev studio and run load_baseline_test_data.bat.After that when i run baseline update.bat im getting an error like

[10.14.13 17:08:59] SEVERE: Batch component  'ConfigurationGeneratorForge' failed. Refer to component logs in C:\Endeca\Apps\SM\config\script\..\..\.\logs\forges\ConfigurationGeneratorForge on host ITLHost.

Occurred while executing line 39 of valid BeanShell script:

[[

36|

37|        ConfigurationGeneratorForge.archiveLogDir();

38|

39|        ConfigurationGeneratorForge.run();

40|

41|        CopyRecsearchConfig.run();

42|

]]

[10.14.13 17:08:59] SEVERE: Caught an exception while invoking method 'run' on object 'BaselineUpdate'. Releasing locks.

Caused by java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl invoke0 - null

Caused by com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.exception.AppControlException

com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.script.Script runBeanShellScript - Error executing valid BeanShell script.

Caused by com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.exception.EacComponentControlException

com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.component.BatchComponent run - Batch component  'ConfigurationGeneratorForge' failed. Refer to component logs in C:\Endeca\Apps\SM\config\script\..\..\.\logs\forges\ConfigurationGeneratorForge on host ITLHost.

Is there any other way to create a search interface by coding?

Thanks in advance

Kannan

• 3. Re: Endeca:search interface
              Gopinath Ramasamy

Hi Kannan,

It is complex to do without using Dev Studio as it is handy to update a number of configuration files.

But, you can try this.

Try adding to the <PATH_TO_YOUR_APPLICATION>\config\pipeline\<YOUR_APP_NAME>.recsearch_config.xml

<SEARCH_INTERFACE CROSS_FIELD_BOUNDARY="ALWAYS" DEFAULT_RELRANK_STRATEGY="TestInterface" NAME="TestInterface">

<MEMBER_NAME RELEVANCE_RANK="2">YOUR_PROPERTY_NAME</MEMBER_NAME>

<MEMBER_NAME RELEVANCE_RANK="1">YOUR_PROPERTY_NAME</MEMBER_NAME>

</SEARCH_INTERFACE>

Run the load_baseline_test_data.bat and baseline update.bat.

I believe, the exception you mentioned is not because you added an interface. But, try the approach above to see if it works.

Thanks,

Gopinath Ramasamy