This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2013 12:29 AM by Saro RSS

Getting error while upgrading Oracle Weblogic Server 11gR1 to 10.3.6 on Windows R2 2008 Server 64bit

54eefa5e-e62a-4cd4-8dd6-56914c547582 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

My system settings are as under:

Operating System: Windows R2 2008 Server 64bit (On Vmware ESXi)

RAM: 8G

I am in the process of Oracle Business Intelligence Applications 11.1.1.7 Installation. I have almost reached to its end and While upgrading Oracle Weblogic Server 10.3.5 to 10.3.6 using p13529623_1036_Generic.zip file, I am getting the following error (The following pop-up appears while upgrading OWS to 10.3.6):

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fatal error encountered during file installation. The installer will now cleanup and exit!

C:\middleware\wlserver_10.3\server\native\win\x64\wlfileio3.dll (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Before starting up the OWS upgrade, I shutdown WebLogic Server and the Oracle Business Intelligence by selecting:

Start > All Programs > Oracle Business Intelligence > Stop BI Services and stopped Oracle WebLogic NodeManager (c_Middleware_wlserver_10.3) service.

After shuttig down the above services and unzipping the p13529623_1036_Generic.zip file, I started upgradation process using the following command on CMD prompt:

C:\Softwares\OBIA>c:\middleware\Oracle_BI1\jdk\bin\java.exe -jar wls1036_upgrade_generic.jar

and after navigating through some windows, I encountered the above error while installing files.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Abdul

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points