3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2013 9:08 AM by Matthew Morris RSS

Need guidance

Wasif_Melb

Dear Fellow Oracle DBAs and Gurus,

I am an OCA 9i, completed my OCA exams long time back but just due to busyness at job and life was unable to go for OCP 9i Performance Tunning exam, as I have heard that the OCP 9i has been retired now, would appreciate if anyone could guide me for further certifications to meet the market need. What should I do now if I want to go for 11g what exams I have to sit?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Best Regards,

Wasif.

• 1. Re: Need guidance
          Matthew Morris

If you did not get your 9i OCP, then it is not possible to take an upgrade exam to move to 11g.  You must complete both the Admin I and Admin II exams for 11g (1Z0-052 and 1Z0-053).  The SQL exam (presumably 1Z0-007) that you completed for the 9i OCA will apply to the 11G OCA track.  You will have to complete the hands-on training requirement to get the 11g OCP certification.

• 2. Re: Need guidance
            Wasif_Melb

Thank you Matthew for replying, please tell me that is it possible to complete the OCP at this time means if I go for 1Z0-033 and complete my OCP then go for up-grade, keeping in view that I have gone through the hands-on training requirement. Thank you

• 3. Re: Need guidance
              Matthew Morris

The 1Z0-033 exam is no longer available -- it was retired on July 31, 2013.  You will never be a 9i OCP. 

If you want to become an 11g OCP, then you must become an 11g OCA by passing 1Z0-052.  Then you must take 1Z0-053.  My understanding is that your 9i training will not be counted towards the 11g OCP.  Brandye (the forum moderator) can weigh in on that.