4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 12:11 PM by fac586

Define Custom Condition Type

Nik-ffm

Hello,

is there any way to add self-created condition types so that i can select them easily in the drop down in the Conditional Display Region?

Thanks for help

• 1. Re: Define Custom Condition Type
          fac586

80b3fcf2-3ba0-4757-a37b-29843d0e6433 wrote:

Please update your forum profile with a real handle instead of "80b3fcf2-3ba0-4757-a37b-29843d0e6433".

is there any way to add self-created condition types so that i can select them easily in the drop down in the Conditional Display Region?

No, that is not possible.

You've tagged this question with "security". Security-based conditional rendering of components should be handled using authorization schemes, which you can create centrally and select for each component.

• 2. Re: Define Custom Condition Type
            Vishal Pathak (OBIEE-APEX)

what you are requesting might not be possible but almost any time of condition can be implemented. what is your requirement?

• 3. Re: Define Custom Condition Type
              Nik-ffm

Yes, I did implement it. It is mostly about taking the :APP_USER and checking some data related to his database entry. The point is simply that I will need to use this condition a couple of times, so having it just pre-defined would have been helpfull because of time as well as less changes if there might be some extra conditions added later.

• 4. Re: Define Custom Condition Type
                fac586

80b3fcf2-3ba0-4757-a37b-29843d0e6433 wrote:

Yes, I did implement it. It is mostly about taking the :APP_USER and checking some data related to his database entry. The point is simply that I will need to use this condition a couple of times, so having it just pre-defined would have been helpfull because of time as well as less changes if there might be some extra conditions added later.

However you use it in APEX (condition or authorization scheme), for maximum reusability and ease of maintenance the condition should be encapsulated in a function in a package.

From the little information provided, there's no reason why this can't be implemented as an authorization scheme, which would make it available for reuse as you require.