1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 15, 2013 9:00 AM by TSharma-Oracle RSS

OEM 12c failed backup jobs monitoring

rootsman

Hi guys!

Could you please tell me how could I filter emails for only failed backup jobs which are created in OEM 12.1.0.3? I would like to create incident rule for failed backups and receive those emails, now I monitor all backups via e-mail by using custom RMAN scripts, and I would like to bypass this method completely with OEM 12c.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: OEM 12c failed backup jobs monitoring
          TSharma-Oracle

If you just want a failed notification e-mail( not incident) then, when you create a job(any job) you can go to the 'access' tab and just click on the 'problems' check box under "E-mail Notification to owner". In this case whenever your job will fail, you will get the email. For example

GeneralParametersCredentialsScheduleAccess  

This table contains Administrators and Roles that have access to this job. 

Name  Sorted in ascending orderTypeAccess LevelRemove
          Super AdministratorOwner
          DBADMINSuper AdministratorView
          SYSSuper AdministratorView
          SYSMANSuper Administrator
          SYSTEMSuper AdministratorView

E-Mail Notification for Owner

A Notification rule may be used by any Administrator to receive notifications about this job. The owner may choose to receive e-mail notifications based on any of the selected status values below. E-mail will be sent based on the Owner's notification schedule.

Scheduled  Running  Suspended  Succeeded Problems  Action Required
          TIPNon owners must use event rules to get notifications

A Notification rule may be used by any Administrator to receive notifications about this job. The owner may choose to receive e-mail notifications based on any of the selected status values below. E-mail will be sent based on the Owner's notification schedule.

Scheduled  Running  Suspended  Succeeded  Problems  Action Required
          TIPNon owners must use event rules to get notifications on this job.