7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 1:04 AM by sb92075

/u11/stage [testsdby]$  rman target sys/password@testprim  auxiliary /

user449447

here above the question

• 1. Re: /u11/stage [testsdby]$  rman target sys/password@testprim  auxiliary /
          user449447

When i connect thru rman and it is giving error invalif username password.but i am putting correct username password .how i connect target with auxilairy by sys user because

sys should be as sysdba

i could not copy and paste over here.

/u11/stage [testsdby]$  rman target sys/password@testprim  auxiliary / Recovery Manager: Release 11.2.0.3.0 - Production on Tue Oct 15 16:11:18 2013 Copyright (c) 1982, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates.  All rights reserved. RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS =============== RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-00554: initialization of internal recovery manager package failed RMAN-04005: error from target database: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied /u11/stage [testsdby]$ i am putting correct username and password but the issue is it should be sys as sydba.how i do that.

• 2. Re: /u11/stage [testsdby]$  rman target sys/password@testprim  auxiliary /
            sb92075

user449447 wrote:

When i connect thru rman and it is giving error invalif username password.but i am putting correct username password .how i connect target with auxilairy by sys user because

sys should be as sysdba

i could not copy and paste over here.

/u11/stage [testsdby]$  rman target sys/password@testprim  auxiliary / Recovery Manager: Release 11.2.0.3.0 - Production on Tue Oct 15 16:11:18 2013 Copyright (c) 1982, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates.  All rights reserved. RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS =============== RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-00554: initialization of internal recovery manager package failed RMAN-04005: error from target database: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied /u11/stage [testsdby]$ i am putting correct username and password but the issue is it should be sys as sydba.how i do that.

Oracle DB is too dumb to lie.

Believe the error message.

Some, many, most DBAs consider allowing SYS to login AS SYSDBA across the network to be a Serious Security flaw

Realize that SQL*Net passwords reside in the external password file whose content may be different.

If you are logged onto the DB Server which hosts "testprim", any & all the following will get SYS logged into the DB

sqlplus sys/manager as sysdba

sqlplus sys/ItDoesNotMatter as sysdba

sqlplus sys/FOOBAR as sysdba

sqlplus sys/Understand_now as sysdba

• 4. Re: /u11/stage [testsdby]$  rman target sys/password@testprim  auxiliary /
              sb92075

UpulIndika wrote:

please try following

$ rman target /

Above is waste of electrons, time & effort, since error was

"internal recovery manager package failed RMAN-04005: error from target database: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied"

and OP was using SQL*Net in an attempt to connect to target as shown below

rman target sys/password@testprim

• 5. Re: /u11/stage [testsdby]$  rman target sys/password@testprim  auxiliary /
                Anar Godjaev

HI,

Don't use 'connect target /', use 'connect sys/<password>' instead. In case of active data database duplication you cannot use OS authentication, you must use password file authentication for both - the target and auxiliary instance.

Please cheek below link:

http://www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/ORA01031-with-RMAN-Duplicate,1

Thank you

• 6. Re: /u11/stage [testsdby]$  rman target sys/password@testprim  auxiliary /
                  user449447

I tried rman target sys/password@testprim  then get same error as above i am creating standby database by taking rman backups .how i can give sys because sys as lways should go with sysdba but most of the documents never used this.

• 7. Re: /u11/stage [testsdby]$  rman target sys/password@testprim  auxiliary /
                    sb92075

user449447 wrote:

I tried rman target sys/password@testprim  then get same error as above i am creating standby database by taking rman backups .how i can give sys because sys as lways should go with sysdba but most of the documents never used this.

while logged directly onto the DB Server running the Primary DB run the "orapwd" utility to create & populate the external password file.

COPY this file to the standby which  should then eliminate the ORA-01017 from occurring.