1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 5, 2013 6:29 PM by Nilesh-Oracle

JMX Security Configuration

Andrew Higginbottom-Oracle

I am trying to deploy a war file to the Java Cloud Service and the deployment is failing due to access denied on the createMBeanServer() method. I do not have access to the source code for this application so I'm looking for a configuration change that might allow me to work around this.

The exception logged is:

2013-10-16 16:09:56 CDT: Starting action "Deploy Application"

2013-10-16 16:09:56 CDT: Deploy Application started

2013-10-16 16:09:58 CDT: weblogic.application.ModuleException: [HTTP:101216]Servlet: "WebDeterminationsServlet" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "owd.war".

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (javax.management.MBeanServerPermission createMBeanServer)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:374)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:549)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)

at java.lang.management.ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer(ManagementFactory.java:500)

at com.oracle.util.monitoring.JMXMonitor.register(JMXMonitor.java:183)

at com.oracle.determinations.web.platform.servlet.WebDeterminationsServletContext.initMonitoring(WebDeterminationsServletContext.java:212)

at com.oracle.determinations.web.platform.servlet.WebDeterminationsServletContext.init(WebDeterminationsServletContext.java:139)

at com.oracle.determinations.web.platform.servlet.WebDeterminationsServletContext.<init>(WebDeterminationsServletContext.java:117)

at com.oracle.determinations.web.platform.servlet.WebDeterminationsServlet.init(WebDeterminationsServlet.java:73)

I see in the Java Cloud Service documentation that:

"Note: JMX is only supported for exposure of MBeans within a deployment archive and access to these MBeans from the deployment archive itself or other archives deployed to the same Java Cloud Service instance."

which I suspect is causing the issue although I'm not sure how to work around it.

The installation guide for this application notes that a workaround for this issue on oc4j is to "set java options -Doc4j.jmx.security.proxy.off=true". Is there any way to mimic this behaviour on the Java Cloud Service?

Regards

Andrew