7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2013 8:53 AM by Thanos A RSS

Add a dimension to Phased Submission!?

StLanger

Hi,

we have only accounts in the phased submission in process control.

Now we need to expand to C4.

So I activated the option "SupportSubmissionPhaseForCustom4" and load the metadata to the application.

And what happened!?

In process control the closed periods show "Published" - thats fine!

In a grid under "Process Level" in properties of a cell it shows "Not supported" and a user with review level 3 can change the data!!! - thats crazy!!

My question: Is it not possible to expand the phased submission to an additional dimension or ist it a bug (with an existing patch)?

Thanks for helpful answers  ;-)

Stefan

• 1. Re: Add a dimension to Phased Submission!?
          Thanos A

Hi there,

I believe that you have already enabled the SupportsProcessManagement in the scenario that you are working.

Additionally, you should update the Submission group of the custom4 dimension. Final step is to update the assign the new submission groups to phase via the Manage process screen. An extra step is to assign new validation accounts in case that you are using additional phases.

Regards,

Thanos

• 2. Re: Add a dimension to Phased Submission!?
            StLanger

Hi,

I´m not a newbie and I´ve done all the things  ;-)

My problem is: After adding C4 to Phased submission, assigning the new groups to the phases and so on ... an user with review level 3 can change previously published periods!! In process control I see the right status (published), but in the properties of the cell in a grid it shows "Not supported" under process status!!

Any ideas?

• 3. Re: Add a dimension to Phased Submission!?
              Thanos A

Hi StLanger,

Sorry about that...

I guess that the next point that you have to review is whether you are defining the "correct" combination of SubmissionGroups in the Manage Submission Phases. (That's the step that I usually have issues).

If the submission group of the Account is 10 and the submission group of the C4 is 3, you should add 10...

Regards,

Thanos

• 4. Re: Add a dimension to Phased Submission!?
                StLanger

Hi,

an example ...

The Account has submission group 2. This account is splitted into to C4-members: [None] and OFC. [None] has group 0 (not relevant for process management) and OFC has group 90.

Group 2 is assigned to phase 2 and group 90 is assigned to phase 4.

So should enter data in Account with C4#[None] until phase 2, for Account with C4#OFC until phase 4.

BUT: My test user with role Reviewer 3 can change exisiting accounts (with no split in C4) in previously published periods after adding C4 to phased submission in application settings!!! Thats my problem!!

• 5. Re: Add a dimension to Phased Submission!?
                  JTF85

Have you enabled Phase 4 in Submission Phases?  In 11.1.2.2 this would be under Data->Submission Phases, I can't recall exactly where this was located in previous versions.

Regards

JTF

• 6. Re: Add a dimension to Phased Submission!?
                    StLanger

There were already other accounts/groups in phase 4 in the past ... so it´s enabled.

• 7. Re: Add a dimension to Phased Submission!?
                      Thanos A

Hi StLanger,

I have just noticed that you mentioned that the person has changed data in previous "published" periods.

I think that since you have changed the process management of the metadata you should "re-promote" phase 1 to phase 4 of all the previous periods to "Published". The system has already published all the POVs with submission group: 0 but not with the new submission groups.

Let me know if this will work for you.

Regards,

Thanos

One Truth about...: ...Apps 13, London