1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 22, 2013 11:22 AM by Manu Alphonse RSS

ORACLE_BASE for grid ; Scared of root.sh changing ownership to root

Grid Infrastructure version:

Platform : OEL 6.3

We are going to install Grid Infrasture and then install RDBMS Software.

For role separation , we are creating grid user and oracle user.

Following will be the ORACLE_BASE and ORACLE_HOME for Grid Infrastructure:

Following will be the ORACLE_BASE and ORACLE_HOME for RDBMS Home

I have two questions

Question1. Will I get the below error during GI installation with the above setting ?

[NS-32026] The Software Location specified should not be under Oracle base location.

CAUSE: Grid Infrastructure for a Cluster installation will assign root ownership to all parent directories of clusterware software location. As a result, all named directories in the software location path will acquire root ownership. This may create problems for subsequent installations into the same Oracle base

If I understand correctly, Once the Grid is installed successfully,  the whole filesystem under the mount point /u01 will be owned by root.

If this is the case , when I have to install RDBMS Software later, I need to manually change the permission of /u01/app/oracle and all child directories inside it to oracle:oinstall. Right ?

Similair ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_HOME settings for grid seems to work for this guy.