Hope below from the oracle documentation helps. (as Highlighted below ) User can select the 'WORKLIST' as the option as messaging channel preference so that he will not receive any notifications. He has login to to worklist to view the tasks.
Configuration of the Preferred messaging channel can be done throgh:
1. BPM WorkList: http://host:port/integration/worklistapp
2. BPM WorkSpace: http://host:port/bpm/workspace
3. User Prefs UI: http://host:port/sdpmessaging/userprefs-ui
In Oracle BPM Worklist, messaging channels represent both physical channels, such as business mobile phones, and also email client applications running on desktops. Specifically, Oracle BPM Worklist supports the following messaging channels:
Note the following about message channels:
- Addresses for messaging channels are fetched from the configured identity store.
- SMS and MOBILE notifications are sent to the mobile phone number.
- VOICE notifications are sent to the business phone number.
- No special notification is sent when the messaging channel preference is WORKLIST. Instead, log in to Oracle BPM Worklist to view tasks.
- EMAIL is the default messaging channel preference when a preferred channel has not been selected.
Worked with Oracle SR, we could able to restrict this type of emails.
Changes to the Human Task:
In the Human Task Defination need to difine the Notification attruibutes.
For the user preferences we need to setup the filter criteria, based on this notification attributes.