This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2013 7:57 AM by 57b62e1e-b483-45d1-94dc-375fe219bcbc RSS

Running WLST without weblogic.home

57b62e1e-b483-45d1-94dc-375fe219bcbc Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I want to automate my builds and delegate them to a CI build farm, but I want to avoid having to install Weblogic on each of the slaves.

My build tool of choice is Gradle, but I'm wrapping it around the ant task. I can supply the wlfullclient.jar, and the "wldeploy" task works perfectly. However, when I try to do the same for the "wlst" ant task I get the following error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.lang.RuntimeException: error in finding weblogic.Home

I know I can make this error go away by running setWLSEnv, but as my slaves wont have Weblogic installed this is not an option.

Note* The problem i'm trying to solve is that I am performing side-by-side deployments. I want to check for old retired versions of an application, and undeploy them, but I haven't found a solution other than with WLST.

I'm open to solving this problem in another way, but for me the easiest solution would be to break the dependency on weblogic.Home.

Any help or feedback would be much appreciated.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points