I'm having the exact same issue, but I'm still trying to fix it
7u45 made a change not documented in the releases notes. You need to prefix the properties with jnlp.myproperty in your JNLP file, unless your jnlp file is signed.
But like me, since you can have different values in multiple deployments, signing the JNLP is impossible.
I've been trying to submit a bugreport about this, but their bugreport submit process is working as good as 7u45...
I tried what you suggested: prefix property name with jnlp, and it worked. I believe this change in u45 will affect lots applications, oracle should have documented in their release notes.
Thanks again for the help.
Yeah, they should have put a yellow message box in that webstart window, and not break existing stuff for 7...
The reporting system has been restarted and is once again working. Apologies for the outage.
Since this seems to happen a lot, could you update the error page with a working email address for when this happen again ?
Thanks, I just saw that; About time they have a solution for signing variable jnlp files. I'm going to try it too, but right now I'll still need to modify some stuff in my installation/cfg procedure for that to maybe work. I also have (I think) to specify any possible and all property/value=* stuff that can be used (its an application that is 10 years old).
Yes, the email address is being updated. Other measures are being put in place to improve up-time and the errors that have been recently seen.
So did you succeed with the jnlp template ?
After frustrating hours of that information useless JNLPSigningException trial & error, It seems that as :
1. You can't make the j2se version variable
2. You can't have your own variable property/values
I've opened a bug report...
The documentation is atrocious, with a vague "we reserve the right to blacklist variable elements, but we will never say which ones".
The JNLP example in the various example is a joke - Its a hello world jnlp, not a real world one.
The JNLPSigningException must have been written my the same guys at Microsoft that did the "An Unknown Error As Occurred".
I've had to clear the cache at every test, seems that the JNLP Template check didn't get the new updated JNLP from the web server.
I think I'll try to bypass that JNLP property mess and get javaws to download my own "jnlp name".xml.config...