5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2013 11:56 PM by 922274 RSS

Re: Getting an error after selecting the install directory while installing odi 12c

Hi,

After I select the directory for installing ODI and click next,it gives me error saying :-

• INST-07545: Unexpected Error. sealing violation: can't seal package javax.xml.bind.annotation: already loaded

I did some research and all I got is its an unexpected error from the below link.

http://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1212/core/FMERR/chapter_inst_messages.htm

Any help is much appreciated.

Edit :

I am using Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1 ) 64 bit operating system and am executing the following jar file odi_121200.jar.

Thanks and Regards

Sunil

• 0. Re: Getting an error after selecting the install directory while installing odi 12c
        $anty

What directory or path you are giving to the installer?

Also, try logging off & login again from system. May be 1 instance of installer may be already running.

Regards,

Santy

• 2. Re: Getting an error after selecting the install directory while installing odi 12c

Hi Santy,

I am using a blank directory in my D drive and I tried the logging off thing couple of times with the same error message as output.

I have also updated my previous post with some additional information.

Thanks and Regards

Sunil

• 3. Re: Getting an error after selecting the install directory while installing odi 12c
            $anty

I think there should be setup.exe in the installable, which should be executed to launch the installer. (not sure if its different way for 12c)

& run the setup.exe as Administrator by right clicking on it.

Regards,

Santy

• 4. Re: Getting an error after selecting the install directory while installing odi 12c

Hi Santy,

In 12c there is only Disk1 and no Disk2 and the Disk1 contains only install.exe and not setup.exe .When I tried to run the install.exe it does nothing.

Thanks and Regards

Sunil

• 5. Re: Getting an error after selecting the install directory while installing odi 12c

Hi,

The Issue is fixed, Just use the latest version of jdk.

Thanks and Regards

Sunil