5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2013 10:22 PM by Ravi Raj RSS

Create UOM from backend and define conversion with base unit

Ravi Raj

Hello

I am able to create UOM from backend within particular uom class, but unable to define conversion with base unit of that class.

Hence I cant use the same UOM on Item as a primary UOM.

Could you please help me for how I can define conversion with respect to base unit, So I can use that UOM on Item creation.

Thanks

Ravi Raj

• 1. Re: Create UOM from backend and define conversion with base unit
          HrishikeshJ

you will need to populate data in standard UOM conversion table (mtl_uom_conversions)...i.e. with inventory item id as 0.

• 2. Re: Create UOM from backend and define conversion with base unit
            Ravi Raj

Hi Hrishikesh,

Thanks for your reply. but still I am facing the issue. Let me explain steps what i followed.

I have DRM uom class and DRM as a base unit for that class.

1) creating new uom as BBL1 with code BB1 in DRM class UOM using mtl_units_of_measure_tl_pkg.insert_row  API.

2) Using following api am trying to add conversion for BB1       

inv_convert.create_uom_conversion (  p_from_uom_code  ,

p_to_uom_code   ,

p_item_id   ,

p_uom_rate   ,

X_RETURN_STATUS        

);

Result got success But If I query for the table MTL_UOM_CONVERSIONS record is not populating there.

Thanks

RaviRaj.

• 3. Re: Create UOM from backend and define conversion with base unit
              Ravi Raj

Hi Everyone,

Using Above API I am able to define UOM conversion with respect to other UOM, but problem is I want to define conversion rate with respect to base class of that UOM. here are the steps.

1. I am creating UOM using mtl_units_of_measure_tl_pkg.insert_row  API.

2. It is creating only UOM heating only MTL_UNITS_OF_MEASURE_TL  AND MTL_UNITS_OF_MEASURE Table.

3. Not Heating MTL_UOM_CONVERSIONS which got heated when we define Standard conversion from form.

through backend I am not able to define standard conversion rate. Even I have tried with using inventory_item_id =0 using API inv_convert.create_uom_conversion

getting result as Success but unable to Use UOM on item.

Please Help.

Thanks.

RaviRaj.

• 4. Re: Create UOM from backend and define conversion with base unit
                Asif Muhammad

Hi RaviRaj,

Please check the below notes and see if it helps you:

inv_convert api accepting null as uom rate while creating uom conversion (Doc ID 1594046.1)

Is There An API For Creating UOM Conversions Which Are Item Based? (Doc ID 1478830.1)

Further more, I notice you have raised your thread 02 months back and still pending resolution. I strongly recommend in addition to the above note please raise an SR for your problem

Thanks &

Best Regards,

• 5. Re: Create UOM from backend and define conversion with base unit
                  Ravi Raj

Thank you Asif for your valuable reply. Thanks a lot.