6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2013 4:09 PM by ScottZheng RSS

File creation using UTL_FILE on RAC database.

user1362938

Hello Everyone..Greetings,

I am facing a problem regarding file creation on RAC database using UTL_FILE package.

Oracle version is

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production

PL/SQL Release 11.2.0.3.0 - Production

CORE    11.2.0.3.0    Production

TNS for IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production

NLSRTL Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production

We have 2 users on both the servers 1. Oracle and Test 

Test is application user as we don't have direct access to oracle user.

Groups for oracle is dba

and for Test user is testgrp

I have created oracle directory and created same folder structure on both the server. directory is in Test user as we want oracle write the file in Test user directory.

I have given 770 permission to folder as we have policy to not give 777 permission to any folder.

In DB server 1 while creating oracle user and Test user we have added oracle in Test group and Test user in Oracle group and installed the Oracle database.

When I execute my PL/SQL code to generate the files. File are created on DB server1.

In DB server 2 we didnt added oracle and Test user in each other (missed while creating users on DB server) and Oracle database has installed.

Now when oracle tries to create files on DB server2 it is giving error "ORA-29283: invalid file operation".

So, While testing file generation functionality we found the oracle and Test users are not in each others group so we have added at later time. still oracle not able to write files on DB server 2 so while searching

I found some hint in the OTN link -

"If listener was started by oracle before the os user became a member of the os group, then the listener needed to be shutdown and started, no reloaded."

So I have restarted the Listener of DB server2 also but still issue remain same.

Please help me to solve this problem. Any help appreciated.