6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2013 12:12 PM by 546736

Registering Service in OEG

I have  Web Service registered in OEG. Both OEG and SOA Suite are running in the same machine.

The service registered in OEG is accessible, but I am unable to invoke the service.

oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlapi.SoapTestException: Failed to model operation: {http://xmlns.oracle.com/Oracle/MyProcess/MyNotificationProcess}NotifyChange(,) Reason: Could not find definition for element: {http://xmlns.oracle.com/Oracle/MyProcess/MyNotificationProcess}NotifyChange Detail: at oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlparser.ParsedWSDLFactoryImpl.getParsedWSDL(ParsedWSDLFactoryImpl.java:157) at oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlparser.ParsedWSDLFactoryImpl.getParsedWSDL(ParsedWSDLFactoryImpl.java:87) at oracle.sysman.emas.model.wsmgt.WSTestModel.init(WSTestModel.java:326) at oracle.sysman.emas.view.wsmgt.WSView.parseWSDL(WSView.java:172) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:187) at com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(MethodExpressionImpl.java:297) at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.MethodExpressionMethodBinding.invoke(MethodExpressionMethodBinding.java:46) at com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:102) at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXCommand.broadcast(UIXCommand.java:190) at

• 1. Re: Registering Service in OEG
          StefanOEG

Hi,

A bit more info of your setup etc would make it easier to help you out. Where is the exception coming from? does not look an OEG error message but the "Could not find definition for element" indicates there is some issue with your WSDL files or the Soap message you are sending is not correct.

Cheers

• 2. Re: Registering Service in OEG

Thanks for the reply.

I see that the soap address in the Web Service registered in OEG is not accessible.

In the WSDL wsdl type data is missing.

<wsdl:types></wsdl:types>

We have just installed OEG in our dev environment. Using SOA 11.1.1.7 and OEG 11.1.1.6.1. The xsd's for the process are in MDS.

The actual Web Service is working. This is the first time im using OEG, previously I have used OWSM 10g gateway.

Arun

• 3. Re: Registering Service in OEG
              StefanOEG

Hi,

First make sure you are using the same version of WSDL files in OEG as you are using in actual Web Service. In the Service Filter you can choose to override the WSDL url to make sure the correct URL is used. Set the trace level to debug, send a request and copy paste the trace from OEG here and I think I can help out more!

Cheers,

Stefan

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Registering Service in OEG

Hi Stefan,

I am able to invoke the service by putting the soap body contents myself. Even though I am getting "error processing request" in the response. Its an one-way service and it is getting triggered.

Below is the Errror log:

ERROR   2013/10/25 08:37:32.843    WSFilter(Service Handler for 'notificationprocess_client')[DEFAULT_PRIMARY_OracleGateway_6.3.1:1936] Problem configuring inbound operation chain filter:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.vordel.circuit.ws.OperationProcessor.doSchemaValidation(OperationProcessor.java:292)

at com.vordel.circuit.ws.WSProcessor.filterAttached(WSProcessor.java:145)

at com.vordel.circuit.FilterContainer.configureFilter(FilterContainer.java:37)

at com.vordel.circuit.Circuit.createContainer(Circuit.java:201)

at com.vordel.circuit.Circuit.loadFilter(Circuit.java:145)

at com.vordel.circuit.Circuit.configure(Circuit.java:114)

at com.vordel.circuit.CircuitCache.getCircuit(CircuitCache.java:58)

at com.vordel.circuit.CircuitChainFilter.resolveCircuits(CircuitChainFilter.java:67)

at com.vordel.circuit.CircuitChainProcessor.attach(CircuitChainProcessor.java:24)

at com.vordel.dwe.http.HTTPPlugin.configureCircuits(HTTPPlugin.java:121)

at com.vordel.dwe.http.HTTPPlugin.configure(HTTPPlugin.java:76)

at com.vordel.dwe.http.WebServicePlugin.configure(WebServicePlugin.java:37)

at com.vordel.dwe.NativeModule.configure(NativeModule.java:94)

at com.vordel.dwe.Service.refresh(Service.java:430)

Thanks,

Arun

• 5. Re: Registering Service in OEG
                  StefanOEG

Hi,

Its really hard to give you a good advice from just one trace item (debug trace + execution before the error might explain the exact error more clear). But it's a null pointer exception so the filter is referring to something which is not there (or other miss configurations) and as this is happening in the validation step I would say there might be some missing files when you imported the WSDL files, did you have all the XSD files exist when you did run the wizard importing the WSDL file?

Easy to test that is to switch off WSDL Validation. Create a policy which only have a True Filter in it and then in the Web Service Handler filter under tab Validation select Delegate to Validation Policy and there select the policy which will return true. If the request goes through ok that will prove some issues with your WSDL import.

Cheers,

Stefan

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Registering Service in OEG

Hi Stefan,

Thanks very much for your time, your inputs were really helpful.

The issue was in the service handler. What I did earlier was just registered the service in the service manager without any policy to it for a simple testing with any policies.

But that gave null pointer exception. I created a simple HTTP basic auth policy and it was working fine.

Arun