This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 5:30 PM by darouwan RSS

fail to build sample server on Ubuntu

darouwan Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Here is the info I get

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libengine.so: undefined reference to `pthread_detach'

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libengine.so: undefined reference to `dlopen'

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libengine.so: undefined reference to `pthread_sigmask'

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libengine.so: undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libengine.so: undefined reference to `dlclose'

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libengine.so: undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libengine.so: undefined reference to `pthread_once'

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libtux.so: undefined reference to `pthread_kill'

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libengine.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_trylock'

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libengine.so: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libengine.so: undefined reference to `dlerror'

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libengine.so: undefined reference to `dlsym'

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libengine.so: undefined reference to `pthread_join'

/home/cjf/oracle/tuxedo12.1.1.0/lib/libengine.so: undefined reference to `pthread_create'

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

CMDTUX_CAT:1832: ERROR: can't execute cc    -I$TUXDIR/include -o simpserv BS-4357.c  -L${TUXDIR}/lib simpserv.c  -ltux -lbuft   -lfml -lfml32 -lengine -ldl -lpthread 

In client part, I use command "buildclient -o simpcl -f "-Xlinker --no-as-needed simpcl.c"" and succeed.

How can I solve it?

• 1. Re: fail to build sample server on Ubuntu
    Todd Little Expert

Hi,

I'm guessing you're running Ubuntu 13.10?  I just upgraded to that release and I'm also no longer able to build simpapp, sigh.  Part of the problem appears to be a change in gcc and/or the linker.  What I've found so far is that if you add -l "-pthread" to your buildserver line, you get a little further (undefined pthread symbol errors go away), but then you get missing dl symbols.

As soon as I find a solution, I'll post it here.

PS  Ubuntu unfortunately is not a supported Tuxedo platform.

Regards,

Todd Little

Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect

• 2. Re: fail to build sample server on Ubuntu
    darouwan Newbie

Appreciate for your work . So that is to said, it should work on Ubuntu 13.10 and before version?

I have succeed to intall Tuxedo on 12.04 32-bit and then try to install Tuxedo System and Applications Monitor Plus 12cR1, and it seems there is no 32 bit version for Linux.

So I download the latest 64 bit ubuntu. Hope it would work on 13.04 or before.

• 3. Re: fail to build sample server on Ubuntu
    Todd Little Expert

Hi,

The safest bet is to use Oracle Linux as Tuxedo is certified to work with it.  In the mean time I'll be doing some more investigation as I normally use Ubuntu (just upgraded to 13.10) and need to be able to create Tuxedo applications.

It is unfortunate that Debian or gcc changed things in such a way to break existing applications.  It is starting to remind me of Windows and all the Visual Studio compatibility issues over the years.  It's not that hard to maintain compatibility, although it does take some work, sigh.  I do know that it was possible to use Tuxedo on prior versions of Ubuntu as long as you passed in some compiler flags in the Tuxedo buildclient command (check this forum for the details.)  As for 32 bit versions, we're not seeing much interest in newer versions of Tuxedo for 32 bit binaries.

Regards,

Todd Little

Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect

• 4. Re: fail to build sample server on Ubuntu
    darouwan Newbie

That's fine. I have got Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit. Now tuxedo and tsma work very well .

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points