This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 10:12 AM by user464965 RSS

SQLEXEC Format in the Table Spec of an Extract?

user464965 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I'm trying to demonstrate to myself how to place tokens in a trail file using an SQLEXEC, and I'm having issues even with a very simple example.  I have the following table spec in my params file:

table my_schema.*, SQLEXEC ( ID myResults, QUERY "select sysdate as fooDate from dual " ), TOKENS (TKFOO=@GETVAL(myResults.fooDate));

... the extract will start up fine with the spec above, but it ABENDS as soon as I make any data changes in the my_schema schema, and the error I get in my extract report is:

Source Context:

SourceModule    

: [er.sp]

SourceID

: [/home/ecloud/workspace/Build_OpenSys_r11.1.1.0.0_078_[34109]/perforce/src/app/er/sp.c]

SourceFunction

: [SP_parse]

SourceLine          

: [465]

2013-10-25 16:51:43  ERROR   OGG-00349  Error in SQLEXEC clause, id myResults: Missing equals sign for param specifier (ID).

... I've tried entering an equals sign in the table spec line ... eg:

table my_schema.*, SQLEXEC ( ID=

myResults, QUERY "select sysdate as fooDate from dual " ), TOKENS (TKFOO=@GETVAL(myResults.fooDate));

... but I still get an error in the same source module and function, but this time at line 473 rather than 465, with

the following error printed:

2013-10-25 17:03:36  ERROR   OGG-00350  Error in SQLEXEC clause, id myResults: Invalid parameter name: ID.

Can anyone show me a simple example of

how to use an SQLEXEC in the table spec of an extract to poplate tokens in the trail?  I realize the example above is trivival / not necessary, but I would just like to get a simple example working first, before I attempt to proceed on to a more complex / realistic example.

Thanks  for any help / insight!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points