6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 11:00 AM by Saro

Socket Error

Saro

Hi friends,

One of my session in ODI 11g is failing with the below error like

ODI-1519: Serial step "Start Load Plan (InternalID:1242500)" failed because child step "Global Variable Refresh (InternalID:1243500)" is in error.

ODI-1519: Serial step "Global Variable Refresh (InternalID:1243500)" failed because child step "Warehouse Load Phase (InternalID:2336500)" is in error.

ODI-1519: Serial step "Warehouse Load Phase (InternalID:2336500)" failed because child step "1 SIL Load (InternalID:2337500)" is in error.

ODI-1519: Serial step "1 SIL Load (InternalID:2337500)" failed because child step "2 SIL Fact Group (InternalID:2791500)" is in error.

ODI-1519: Serial step "2 SIL Fact Group (InternalID:2791500)" failed because child step "Parallel (InternalID:2792500)" is in error.

ODI-1518: Parallel step "Parallel (InternalID:2792500)" failed; 1 child step(s) in error, which is more than the maximum number of allowed errors (0) defined for the parallel step.  Failed child steps: 3 SIL Fact ARTRANS_FG (InternalID:2834500)

ODI-1519: Serial step "3 SIL Fact ARTRANS_FG (InternalID:2834500)" failed because child step "ARTRANS_FG (InternalID:2837500)" is in error.

ODI-1519: Serial step "ARTRANS_FG (InternalID:2837500)" failed because child step "AR_RECON (InternalID:2851500)" is in error.

ODI-1519: Serial step "AR_RECON (InternalID:2851500)" failed because child step "SIL_ARTRANSACTIONFACT_DIFFMANLOAD (InternalID:2859500)" is in error.

ODI-1217: Session SILOS_SIL_ARTRANSACTIONFACT_DIFFMANLOAD (4602500) fails with return code 17410.

ODI-1226: Step Run SIL_ARTransactionFact_DiffManLoad.W_AR_XACT_F fails after 1 attempt(s).

ODI-1240: Flow Run SIL_ARTransactionFact_DiffManLoad.W_AR_XACT_F fails while performing a Integration operation. This flow loads target table Accounts receivable transactions.

ODI-1228: Task SIL_ARTransactionFact_DiffManLoad.W_AR_XACT_F (Integration) fails on the target ORACLE connection BIAPPS_DW.

Caused By: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: No more data to read from socket

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CMAREngine.unmarshalUB1(T4CMAREngine.java:1205)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:314)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:205)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:548)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:217)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForRows(T4CPreparedStatement.java:1115)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1488)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3769)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3954)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.execute(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1539)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.execution.sql.SQLCommand.execute(SQLCommand.java:163)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.execution.sql.SQLExecutor.execute(SQLExecutor.java:102)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.execution.sql.SQLExecutor.execute(SQLExecutor.java:1)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.execution.TaskExecutionHandler.handleTask(TaskExecutionHandler.java:50)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.processTask(SnpSessTaskSql.java:2913)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.treatTask(SnpSessTaskSql.java:2625)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.treatAttachedTasks(SnpSessStep.java:577)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.treatSessStep(SnpSessStep.java:468)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSession.treatSession(SnpSession.java:2093)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.impl.StartSessRequestProcessor$2.doAction(StartSessRequestProcessor.java:376)

at oracle.odi.core.persistence.dwgobject.DwgObjectTemplate.execute(DwgObjectTemplate.java:216)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.impl.StartSessRequestProcessor.doProcessStartSessTask(StartSessRequestProcessor.java:309)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.impl.StartSessRequestProcessor.access$0(StartSessRequestProcessor.java:301)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.impl.StartSessRequestProcessor$StartSessTask.doExecute(StartSessRequestProcessor.java:865)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.task.AgentTask.execute(AgentTask.java:137)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.support.DefaultAgentTaskExecutor$2.run(DefaultAgentTaskExecutor.java:82)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

In which the above error i got this line saying like "Caused By: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: No more data to read from socket"

What could be the reason for this issue. Since my source and target db is up and running.

Kindly help me with this issue friends.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Saro

• 1. Re: Socket Error
          $anty

I think this issue could be related to the Oracle JDBC driver that you are using with ODI.

What version of Oracle database & JDK you are having?

Confirm which driver is there in your agent\drivers location , if using stanalone agent.

Keep only 1 supported driver.  If you have Oracle 11g & JDK 6 on DB server, I think ojdbc6.jar is correct driver.

Hope this solves the issue.

Regards,

Santy

• 2. Re: Socket Error
            Saro

Hi santy,

Thanks for the reply, im using ODI with BIAPPS 11g.

this is the db that im using 11.2.0.1.0 with the jdk version jdk-7u21-windows-x64.

@ where I need to point the correct driver.

Thanks

Regards,

Saro

• 3. Re: Socket Error
              $anty

I think you should have JDK 1.6.0_25+.  Can you try downgrading ur JDK version to supported 1.6 version, as JDK 7 might be creating the issue.

Check if ojdbc6dms.jar is there in <ODI_HOME>\oracledi\agent\drivers folder.  It comes by default with ODI 11g.

Looks like you have Oracle connection as BIAPPS_DW in ODI, I think it would be correctly pointing  from ODI.  Not to worry as its connecting.

Regards,

Santy

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Socket Error
                Saro

Hi Santy,

Sorry for my late reply.

Yes I have ojdbc6dms.jar exist under the below two path

C:\Middleware\Oracle_ODI1\oracledi\client\jdev\extensions\oracle.odi.navigator\lib

C:\Middleware\Oracle_ODI1\modules\oracle.jdbc_11.1.1

Since why I have installed jdk 1.7 instead of 1.6 is, because as a part of BIAPPS-ODI configuration, we need to upgrade WLS from 10.3.5 to 10.3.6 and for that I need jdk 1.7 to be installed.

Whether like you said if I try to downgrade jdk 1.7 to jdk 1.6(will it cause any issue with the existing WLS 10.3.6)

Thanks

Regards,

Saro

• 5. Re: Socket Error
                  $anty

If you do not see JDK 1.6 version in respective support matrix, then downgrading may not help.  (But can give a shot if its personal or non production environment)

I would suggest reporting to Oracle support. Whats the exact version of ODI that you are having?

Regards,

Santy

• 6. Re: Socket Error
                    Saro

Hi friends,

Got the solution for the socket issues, as this is due to the incompatabile db that im using 11.2.0.1.0 instead of 11.2.0.3.0 which is supported for the ODI with BIAPPS.

Thanks for your replies.

Regards,

Saro