2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2013 12:30 PM by FernandoS RSS

NPD Project - Check for a field before workflow to the next status

FernandoS

Hi,

Is there a way to have a similar functionality as the guard conditions (for GSM, SCRM) in a NPD project?.

I need to check the value of a field before advancing to the next stage. I know there can be custom validations when you save the project, but I would like know if is possible to check the value of a field before moving to the next status/stage.

Thanks in advance,

Fernando

• 1. Re: NPD Project - Check for a field before workflow to the next status
          Jessie C-Oracle

Hi Femando,

We do support validation on Workflow event in a NPD project. if you have installed EP pack, go to \ReferenceImplementations\Validation\Documentation\Validation Objects.xls, you will see a detailed listing of events,type IDs and so on.

I'm not sure what validation do you want to implement, here i have an example you can refer to:

1, add the following configuration to Config\Extensions\ValidationSettings.xml:

<!-- Example NPD Project Workflow validation requires property Brands -->

<rule type="3202">

<condition event="workflow">

<if type="ReflectiveRequiredValidator" property="Brands" />

</condition>

</rule>

2, restart iis

3, go to a NPD project, clear the data in Brands field, save the project ,no error

4, workflow this project, error 'Property Brands is required.'

'

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jessie

• 2. Re: NPD Project - Check for a field before workflow to the next status
            FernandoS

Hi Jessie,

You are right, I forgot there is an event for workflow. Thanks for your help!.

Fernando