3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2013 1:15 PM by rukbat RSS

OTN Discussion Forum questions are gone

18e07053-637d-44a1-97ce-f070d9c69384

My OTN Discussion Forum questions seem to have been deleted. They were only about 1-2 months old. Does anyone know if they are deleted or archived after a certain time period? I'd like to find them for reference if anyone knows how to do that?

• 1. Re: OTN Discussion Forum questions are gone
          sb92075

18e07053-637d-44a1-97ce-f070d9c69384 wrote:

My OTN Discussion Forum questions seem to have been deleted. They were only about 1-2 months old. Does anyone know if they are deleted or archived after a certain time period? I'd like to find them for reference if anyone knows how to do that?

Did you look for them in the Lost & Found subforum?

• 2. Re: OTN Discussion Forum questions are gone

18e07053-637d-44a1-97ce-f070d9c69384 wrote:

You are posting today's question with username 18e07053-637d-44a1-97ce-f070d9c69384

That is a system-generated name for a new account.

Were those other posts created with the same user account?

Have you recently tried to change your login name (which has been known to totally muck up user profiles, by the way) ?

The site software has no possible ability to magically merge postings from multiple accounts.

I suggest you try to remember older threads and find them using the site search function.

If you can find those threads, you might be able to see if they were posted with the same user account or some previous account.

Once you do that, you can return to this thread and give us all more information on what you may have found..

• 3. Re: OTN Discussion Forum questions are gone

Moderator Action:

This thread has been moved from the Database General Questions forum space

to the Community Feedback forum space, for a better topic fit.

(You don't have a question related to the database software)