6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 2:21 PM by 997215 RSS

Validation Failure in JDeveloper

Hello all,

I am trying to run my first mobile app for Android.  I specify necessary SDK paths for Android in ADF Mobile Preferences, click OK, and get:

"oracle.jdeveloper.deploy.DeployException: "JDeveloper found XCode 5 installed, which is not supported by ADF Mobile.  You must use a supported version of XCode to deploy an ADF Mobile application to an iOS device or simulator".

So apparently I cannot save Android SDK path information because when I click OK I get this error message about iOS.  So the only option for me to click "cancel".  In which case I am unable to specify Android SDK and consequently unable to run my first program in the simulator.

I have XCode 5.  Is there a workaround to this problem or must I downgrade to XCode 4?  Perhaps JDeveloper will be soon supporting XCode 5 and so no need to downgrade my XCode version?

Could somebody who knows about JDeveloper upgrade status let me know when you plan to support XCode 5.  Otherwise, is there a fix to this issue without downgrading my XCode?  I'd prefer to stay with XCode 5, if possible.

Thank you,

Victor.

• 2. Re: Validation Failure in JDeveloper

Unfortunately, I am inclined to think there is a bug in JDeveloper.  I tried 3 times already uninstalling then reinstalling JDeveloper but now I keep getting an error message "An unexpected severe error has ocurred in JDeveloper".  Clicking on Error Details gives:

Performing action (333) Check for Updates... [ from  ] [ for ( <none>, ViewController.jpr, MobileApp0_Android.jws ) ]

Exception while performing action Check for Updates...

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name oracle.javatools.resource.DialogsBundle, locale

j.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1499)

j.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1322)

j.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:1028)

o.javatools.util.BundleLoader.getBundleImpl(BundleLoader.java:132)

o.javatools.util.BundleLoader.getBundle(BundleLoader.java:168)

o.javatools.util.BundleLoader.getBundle(BundleLoader.java:153)

o.javatools.dialogs.BaseMessageDialog.setMessageType(BaseMessageDialog.java:222)

o.javatools.dialogs.BaseMessageDialog.createMessageDialogImpl(BaseMessageDialog.java:172)

o.javatools.dialogs.MessageDialog.runDialog(MessageDialog.java:161)

o.javatools.dialogs.MessageDialog.confirm(MessageDialog.java:411)

o.javatools.dialogs.MessageDialog.confirm(MessageDialog.java:374)

o.javatools.dialogs.MessageDialog.confirm(MessageDialog.java:344)

o.ii.webupdate.WebUpdateController.handleEvent(WebUpdateController.java:37)

o.ii.controller.MetaClassController.handleEvent(MetaClassController.java:53)

o.i.controller.IdeAction$ControllerDelegatingController.handleEvent(IdeAction.java:1471)

o.i.controller.IdeAction.performAction(IdeAction.java:662)

o.i.controller.IdeAction.actionPerformedImpl(IdeAction.java:1142)

o.i.controller.IdeAction.actionPerformed(IdeAction.java:617)

jx.s.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2018)

jx.s.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2341)

jx.s.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)

jx.s.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)

jx.s.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376)

com.apple.laf.ScreenMenuItem.actionPerformed(ScreenMenuItem.java:128)

j.a.MenuItem.processActionEvent(MenuItem.java:669)

j.a.MenuItem.processEvent(MenuItem.java:628)

j.a.MenuComponent.dispatchEventImpl(MenuComponent.java:351)

j.a.MenuComponent.dispatchEvent(MenuComponent.java:339)

j.a.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:738)

j.a.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)

j.a.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)

j.a.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692)

j.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

j.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)

j.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)

j.a.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:708)

j.a.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:706)

j.a.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:705)

o.javatools.internal.ui.EventQueueWrapper._dispatchEvent(EventQueueWrapper.java:169)

o.javatools.internal.ui.EventQueueWrapper.dispatchEvent(EventQueueWrapper.java:151)

j.a.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)

j.a.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)

j.a.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)

j.a.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)

j.a.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)

j.a.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)

oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction:Nov 01, 2013 12:52:16 PM oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction performAction

SEVERE: Error during handleEvent on action 'Check for Updates...' (id=333).

None of the attached controllers handled the action.

- oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction$ControllerDelegatingController@b95a6c24[oracle.ideimpl.controller.ControllersHook$RuleBasedController@b95a6c24[oracle.ideimpl.webupdate.WebUpdateController][always-enabled]].

This is JDeveloper Studio Edition 11.1.2.4.0.  This error happens when I follow documentation instructions to install ADF Mobile Extension.

This was my attempt to get rid of originally posted "Validation Failure" error. 

• 3. Re: Validation Failure in JDeveloper
            Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle

One thing to try - remove the system directory and then restart JDeveloper.

On windows he system directory should be at: C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\JDeveloper\system11.1.2.4.39.64.36.1

Since you are on mac - have a look at the help->about->properties tab in JDev and look for ide.pref.dir to see where it is on your machine.

Also note that we don't support XCode 5 right now - you need XCode 4.6.

Note that for Android you don't need XCode at all.

• 4. Re: Validation Failure in JDeveloper

Thank you for the message.  On my mac ide.pref.dir was pointing to /Users/me/.jdeveloper .  I removed system11.1.2.4.39.64.36.1 directory that was there but error continues to happen.  When I go Tools->Preferences->ADF Mobile->Platforms and just click OK on the "Platforms" area I get "Unexpected severe error " message.  The problem is that my Android SDK Location values are not saved when I click OK on the Platforms pane because this error pops up and the only option is click cancel.  I am not getting "Validation Failure" error anymore but instead this "Unexpected severe error".  I looked at the error logs I post above and it mentions the app I tried to build earlier.  I though that was causing problems so I completely deleted all my previous projects and re-installed JDeveloper.  This "Unexpected severe error" is now giving this trace:

Uncaught exception

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name oracle.javatools.resource.DialogsBundle, locale

j.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1499)

j.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1322)

j.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:1028)

o.javatools.util.BundleLoader.getBundleImpl(BundleLoader.java:132)

o.javatools.util.BundleLoader.getBundle(BundleLoader.java:168)

o.javatools.util.BundleLoader.getBundle(BundleLoader.java:153)

o.javatools.dialogs.BaseMessageDialog.setMessageType(BaseMessageDialog.java:222)

o.javatools.dialogs.BaseMessageDialog.createMessageDialogImpl(BaseMessageDialog.java:172)

o.javatools.dialogs.MessageDialog.runDialog(MessageDialog.java:161)

o.javatools.dialogs.MessageDialog.runDialog(MessageDialog.java:210)

o.javatools.dialogs.MessageDialog.error(MessageDialog.java:239)

o.i.panels.TraversalException.showMessageDialog(TraversalException.java:192)

o.i.panels.TDialog$L.vetoableChange(TDialog.java:108)

j.beans.VetoableChangeSupport.fireVetoableChange(VetoableChangeSupport.java:375)

j.beans.VetoableChangeSupport.fireVetoableChange(VetoableChangeSupport.java:271)

o.bali.ewt.dialog.JEWTDialog.fireVetoableChange(JEWTDialog.java:1530)

o.bali.ewt.dialog.JEWTDialog.dismissDialog(JEWTDialog.java:1560)

o.bali.ewt.dialog.JEWTDialog$UIListener.actionPerformed(JEWTDialog.java:1953)

jx.s.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)

j.a.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6505)

jx.s.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3321)

j.a.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6270)

j.a.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)

j.a.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4861)

j.a.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)

j.a.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)

j.a.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4832)

j.a.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4492)

j.a.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4422)

j.a.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2273)

j.a.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719)

j.a.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)

j.a.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:735)

o.javatools.internal.ui.EventQueueWrapper._dispatchEvent(EventQueueWrapper.java:169)

o.javatools.internal.ui.EventQueueWrapper.dispatchEvent(EventQueueWrapper.java:151)

j.a.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:154)

j.a.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:182)

j.a.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:221)

j.a.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:219)

j.a.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1082)

j.a.Component.show(Component.java:1651)

j.a.Component.setVisible(Component.java:1603)

j.a.Window.setVisible(Window.java:1014)

j.a.Dialog.setVisible(Dialog.java:1005)

o.bali.ewt.dialog.JEWTDialog.runDialog(JEWTDialog.java:395)

o.bali.ewt.dialog.JEWTDialog.runDialog(JEWTDialog.java:356)

o.i.dialogs.WizardLauncher.runDialog(WizardLauncher.java:55)

o.i.panels.TDialogLauncher.showDialog(TDialogLauncher.java:225)

o.i.config.IdeSettings.showDialog(IdeSettings.java:863)

o.i.config.IdeSettings.showDialog(IdeSettings.java:618)

o.i.cmd.IdeSettingsCommand.doit(IdeSettingsCommand.java:45)

o.i.controller.CommandProcessor.invoke(CommandProcessor.java:304)

o.i.controller.IdeAction.performAction(IdeAction.java:710)

o.i.controller.IdeAction.actionPerformedImpl(IdeAction.java:1142)

o.i.controller.IdeAction.actionPerformed(IdeAction.java:617)

jx.s.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376)

com.apple.laf.ScreenMenuItem.actionPerformed(ScreenMenuItem.java:128)

j.a.MenuItem.processActionEvent(MenuItem.java:669)

j.a.MenuItem.processEvent(MenuItem.java:628)

j.a.MenuComponent.dispatchEventImpl(MenuComponent.java:351)

j.a.MenuComponent.dispatchEvent(MenuComponent.java:339)

j.a.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:738)

j.a.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)

j.a.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)

j.a.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)

j.a.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)

• 5. Re: Validation Failure in JDeveloper
                sfordjasiri

Just wanted to confirm that I have the same problem with JDeveloper 11.1.2.4.39.64.36.1.  I cannot save the paths to the Android SDK because JDeveloper complains about XCode 5 not being supported even though I am not specifying any iOS SDK paths.  (I think JDeveloper was unhappy about my not having anything specified for the iOS SDK even before I installed XCode 5.)  I think that JDeveloper has a problem with leaving the iOS SDK paths blank.

• 6. Re: Validation Failure in JDeveloper

Hi,

Sorry to hear you have this issue.  I have exactly same problem.  The workaround I came up with is to use VirtualBox and install some light Linux version that doesn't take lot's of resources, in my case I installed Debian XFCE.  Then install JDeveloper onto it.  It worked in my case.  Takes emulator a while to start, but it starts and there is no issue with XCode 5 there.

HTH,

Victor.

ADDED: Actually, while working with JDeveloper in Linux I encountered exactly same problem mentioned in this thread: adf mobile - jdeveloper 11.1.2.4.0 - running on Ubuntu 12.10

I've got Java version 1.7.0_45 but Preview functionality is still throwing that exception.  This is in case somebody is considering running JDeveloper in Linux, unfortunately there are other issues that may arise.

UPDATE: Just to mention that the problem of running "Preview" functionality in Linux seems to happen on 64-bit systems.  I had this issue on my 64-bit CentOS machine but when I switched to my 32-bit Debian running in VirtualBox this problem did not occur and Preview worked.  So it seems that running LInux in 32-bit mode in VirtualBox works, it's slower than the real thing but all functionalities appear to be working