1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 1, 2013 3:36 AM by MatMark

Unable to execute Psexec with OS Command or ODIOSCommand

user2084259

I am unable to execute the PSexec command in ODI with the tools OS Command or ODIOSCommand. The operator shows the process in a hung state but nothing happens. I am able to execute it successfully in a command prompt window. I've tried dozens of different combinations (using *.cmd, *.bat) where it works fine in a command prompt window, however when I launch it in ODI it does not seem to be executing.

Basically, I'm using Psexec to have the ability to run the ImportSecurity.cmd on the planning server02 (ODI resides on server01). I would like to include this as part of an ODI package that extracts project metadata from our ledger to build the Project dimension in planning. The same metadata will also be used to build a project-plant "Secfile.txt" and sftp onto the planning server02, then this is where the Psexec command will come into play to kick off the ImportSecurity.cmd to load the project-plant "Secfile.txt" to planning.

I can open a command prompt on the ODI server01 and run the following command with no issues:

> psexec -u domain\adminuser -p password \\server02 -w D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem3\Planning\planning1\ cmd /c call ImportSecurity.cmd -f:Pwd "FORECAST,admin"

This completes successfully. I attempted to put this into at *.bat and *.cmd file all of which run successfully in a command prompt window. But when I try to use the ODI tools, it either failes or stays in a hung processing state. Here are examples of what I have tried to use.

OS Command

Text of your command: psexec -u domain\adminuser -p password \\server02 -w D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem3\Planning\planning1\ cmd /c call ImportSecurity.cmd -f:Pwd "FORECAST,admin"

ODIOSCommand

command to execute: D:\Hyperion\Scripts\psexec.bat    (contains the command string above)

working directory: D:\Hyperion\Scripts\