Do you need this exact version? The download file contains a full insall bundle, so you won't need the 22.214.171.124 base install plus the 126.96.36.199 patchset to install the latest forms version, just download the 188.8.131.52 bundle from the page you already found.
Thanks, the document is a bit confusing.
Sorry for coming back, when I try to install it, it says WebLogic must be installed. When I read this document from:
This is what is says:
If you are installing Oracle Portal, Forms, Reports and Discoverer for the first time, you cannot install the latest release directly,
as the patch set installer for this product is designed only to patch an existing installation.
Therefore, you must install the latest full versions of the product, which is available in 11g Release 1 (184.108.40.206.0).
Then you must patch your installation to update your software to the latest version.
What I wanted to do is use Oracle Forms 11g - Forms Builder and Reports for a new project, so no Oracle10g->11g upgrade is involved.
I need the Reports Builder for Developers and the server side. What I see is something new to me, which is WebLogic Server and it seems like it has to be installed before I can install Middleware.
Can I have some basic points on how to install and setup a simple Oracle IAS-like environment?
I finally got to this page:
but I still cannot find the link where to download the WebLogic and Forms installation. I already spent 2 days searching and still no result, I keep going in circles without any links in the documentation.
Those are the basic steps from the documentation:
so in short you'd need to install the correct weblogic version first, and then run the forms and reports installer. You can get the required weblogic version from here:
also do not confuse Forms 11.1.*2*.0 (which is known as 11gR2) with 11.1.*1*.2 (which is known as 11gR1) even if it's tempting .
Just when you posted the 2 links I updated my thread and I have to repeat.
I still cannot find the link where to download the WebLogic and Forms installation is.
At this link I can see Forms and Reports and various Web Logic components:
The Oracle documentation does not say which I should choose, no link, nothing.
As said: is there a specific reason why you need the 11.1.2.*0* version? If you just want to install Forms 11gR2 simply download the 11.1.2.*1* install bundle, as it is a complete install bundle and not a patchset which needs to be installed on 220.127.116.11:
weblogic can be found here:
e.g. for the 18.104.22.168 x86 Version of Forms you'd need Weblogic 10.3.6
If you *really* need the specific 11.1.2.*0* version (for whatever reason) you might want to contact oracle support as it is not available anymore for public download.
Ok, so this is what I found:
4.1 Downloading the Oracle WebLogic Server Software for a New Installation
You use the Oracle WebLogic Server installer to install Oracle WebLogic Server and to create a Middleware home (which is required before you can install Oracle Forms and Reports).
For Oracle Forms and Reports 11g Release 2 (11.1.2), download Oracle WebLogic Server 11g (10.3.5) from OTN or Oracle Software Delivery Cloud.
Be sure to select the proper Oracle WebLogic Server installer for your platform. For more information, refer to the following resources in the Oracle Fusion Middleware Installation Guide for Oracle WebLogic Server:
- "WebLogic Server Installers," which lists and describes the available Oracle WebLogic Server installers.
- so why does the last link point to version 10.3.6 ?
Then which component do I need? This should be for a Windows 2008 64 bit operating system:
Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.5
Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.5) + Coherence + OEPE - Package Installer
Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.5) + Coherence -
Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.5)
Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.5) Supplemental ZIP distribution
x86: 1 GB
x86: 706 MB
x86: 318 MB
x86: 99 MB
x86: 1 GB
x86: 706 MB
x86: 318 MB
x86: 99 MB
SPARC: 644 MB
Generic: 1 GB
Mac OS X: 318 MB
Mac OS X: 99 MB
- Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.5) + Coherence + OEPE Package Installer -This installer is an installation program that allows you to install Oracle WebLogic Server components and includes Oracle Coherence and Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse.
- Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.5) + Coherence Package Installer - This Installer is an installation program that allows you to install Oracle WebLogic Server components and includes Oracle Coherence.
- Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.5) ZIP Installer - This is a zip distribution for Oracle WebLogic Server intended for WebLogic Server development only. It contains the necessary artifacts for installing and running WebLogic Server and can't be used as an installation target for other FMW products. It does not contain the following optional components: 'Samples', 'Derby Evaluation Database', or 'Web server Plug-ins'. It does not include Oracle Coherence or Oracle Enterprise pack for Eclipse. The zip distribution is supported on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX platforms - see certification matrix for details
- Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.5) Supplemental ZIP distribution: The WLS supplemental zip distribution is intended for development use. It is supported on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X systems. It contains the necessary artifacts to develop and test applications on WebLogic Server. WLS supplemental zip requires that the primary zip distribution is already set up and is ready to use. Supplemental zip contains samples, evaluation database (Derby) and L10N console help files.
For my purpose any bundle that is available will suffice.
I have the file ofm_frmrpts_win_22.214.171.124.0_32_disk1_1of1.zip which looks like the one I want to use. But it does require the WebLogic part.
Is the documentation wrong here:
For Oracle Forms and Reports 11g Release 2 (11.1.2), download Oracle WebLogic Server 11g (10.3.5)
Thanks for you help, very much appreciated.
If you take a look at the XLS I gave you (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/oracle-forms-111210certmatrix-1886127.xls) it is stated:
Oracle Forms and Reports 126.96.36.199.0 is certified with WebLogic Server and 10.3.5 and 10.3.6.
So the choice between 10.3.5 or 10.3.6 is up to you.