I know this is a common error people are getting with FDM, but the issue I am facing is a bit different to the ones I have found on the forum / KB / community websites.
We have just upgraded to 22.214.171.124 from 126.96.36.199 via a fresh install / migration, and we are getting the File not found: esbapin At Line: 124 error. However, the difference for us is that we get it after we have run some successful loads. Sometimes we can get in a few single period loads, or a multi load, but without fail, usually after the server idles for a while, the next load we do gives us this error. Its not consistent either, it fails regularly after one successful multiload, but not all the time. Running single period loads keeps the server stable for longer. Yesterday I managed to get 4 successful multiloads before it failed. And the only way I can get it to work again is to reboot the FDM server.
I have tried:
1) checking and setting the environment variables based on all the articles / forum listings. So that is with and without the ARBORPATH variable, with and without user variables for ARBORPATH and ESSBASEPATH, we have set the path (and re-registered the adapter) to the D:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\common\EssbaseRTC\188.8.131.52 folder, we have also set it to the D:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Essbase\EssbaseClient-32 folder. We have adjust the Path variable too, and changed the order of it based on the different articles. All with server reboots after the change.
2) we have reinstalled the essbase 32 client on the machine
3) we have tried the upsES11XG4K and upsES11XG4J adapter
4) we have been able to make the error occur through FDM web, FDM Task Manager and upsshell batch calls. We have also ensure FDM Task Manager service is not started when we run upsshell batch.
5) Seemingly no related errors are coming through the system logs (application / system)
6) We get this error on both the DEV and TEST environments
In all cases, prior to the first load, I always go into Workbench and go to the Adapter and make sure that I can browse the target dimension and I go into the FDM Web Control Tables and make sure I can browse members. After the error occurs, when trying to go to the Control Tables again, we get the "Unable to retrieve system data" error. We only have 1 FDM server so its not related to load balancing etc.
I'm really pulling my hair out for this one, and our decision to go live with this upgrade happens next week. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before, or has any suggestions on what to try?