2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2013 3:40 PM by Yoav RSS

ops$ and forms 11g

Hi ,

We are in a middel of a project to upgrade our Forms6i client-server to Forms11g (web).

The Forms 11g application is up and running .

In the database level (oracle 10gr2) our end users connecting to the database as an external user , e.g: OPS$XXXXXX

The problem is that application is starting as the owner of the schema (say SCOTT for example) and not as OPS$ as it used to be in forms6i.

Having so cause as several problems :

1) All the users in v$session are getting SCOTT priviliges and not OPS$ , which mean that i cant identified which user is executiong a form or report

2) Since the DBUSER is SCOTT and not OPS$ , means that the stored procedure in the DB are NOT running under the right user.

Please advice how to solve this issue.

• 1. Re: ops$ and forms 11g

Using the sample Demo Schema "SCOTT" is not recommended.  Practically everyone in the Oracle world knows what the password to the SCOTT schema is.

One option would be to use a CONTEXT setting that defines the default schema for your users.  This allows you to use individual database accounts (for access countrol) and point all of those accounts to a specific (default) schema.

Another option (not a good one) would be to explicitly reference the SCOTT schema in all of your code.  This option requires you to add "SCOTT." to every database object reference.  Like I said, this is not a good option, but it is an option.

• 2. Re: ops$ and forms 11g

Hello Carig,

Its seems to be that i wasnt clear enough .

In forms 11g , there is a file named : formsweb.cfg

At this file i have the following entry :

While devdb is the database name , xxx is the name of the schema owner , and yyy is the password of that user.

All my end users do NOT own any database objects at all.

All they have is a priviges that the owner of the schema (xxx) assigned to them.

For example they have assigned insert and select on table A at schema XXX

1) Since all my end users are externaly users (e.g OPS$ABCD....) , they cant connect to the forms11g application as external users.

What should i do in order to allow them to connect to the forms application.

2) If i will follow your first option , then user A for exmaple will became to be XXX , and have all its privileges - and its somthing that i dont what.

Please advise how i can solve this problem .