0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2013 4:26 PM by 34d23b3a-6fe5-4bd9-b1c8-e3957bc3da1c

SQL Developer - Admin access required to create Unit Test Repository

34d23b3a-6fe5-4bd9-b1c8-e3957bc3da1c

Hi All,

I want to use SQL Developer as a Unit Testing tool for my current project. In our current environment, we're (developers) not assigned any Admin/DBA access.

1. Now if I try to create the Unit Test Repository (as a normal user, not having Admin privileges), I am getting message: Required roles do not exists. Then SQL Developer asked for SYS userid/password.

2. Next, I managed to create the roles: UT_REPO_ADMINISTRATOR and UT_REPO_USER by our DBA (only create role) and tried to create the repository again (as normal user). I got the message: Required roles do not have sufficient permissions. And then SQL Developer asked for SYS userid/password. When I cancelled the the prompt, it created the Unit Test Repository successfully. Even I could create & run TestCases as well. But, I am not sure if we can use this approach (next versions of SQLDeveloper may not support this).

Now my question is: Is there any standard way to create Unit Test Repository without having the DBA/Admin access? We are very keen to use this tool for unit testing but got stuck as it needs Admin access to create repository in a clean way and in my organization developer will not be given any DBA access.

I am using SQL Developer 3.2 version.

Thanks in advance.

Prosenjit Chakraborty