This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 12:59 PM by Bip RSS

OEM 12c : Deployed MS SQL Server Plug-in. Getting Error When Adding Target Manually

user10312990 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

Request your help regards to Working with Plug-ins.

I am using a Oracle linux 5.9 VM with OEM 12c v12.1.0.3.0 Installed.

I need to work with Non-Oracle Database - specifically MS SQL Server for which I already downloaded and deployed the MS SQL Server Plug-in.

However when trying to add targets manually, I am getting an error saying "Target Type Microsoft SQL Server is not support on selected monitoring agents em12c.localdomain:3872:Plug-in Microsoft SQL Server Database (12.1.0.3.0) or higher is certified on Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12.1.0.3.0.

Can you please guide as to where am i going wrong?

Your help and guidance is highly appreciated.

Regards.

Nayan

• 1. Re: OEM 12c : Deployed MS SQL Server Plug-in. Getting Error When Adding Target Manually
    Bip Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Nayan,

This seems to be a issue that a different version of MS SQL plugin was deployed on the Agent side.

As per your description you have already downloaded and deployed the MS SQL Server Plug-in. I am assuming that the version of plugin is 12.1.0.3.

If not you will need to deploy 12.1.0.3 MS SQL plugin on OMS first and then on the Agent which is monitoring the MS SQL targets.

+ Command to get the plugins deployed On OMS server currently,

$ cd <OMS_HOME>/bin/

$ ./emcli login -username=sysman

Enter password

Login successful

$ ./emcli sync

Synchronized successfully

$./emcli list_plugins_on_server

+ Command to get the plugins deployed On Agent currently,

$ cd <AGENT_HOME>/agent_inst/bin/

$ ./emctl listplugins agent

Ref: EM 12c: How to Verify the Plugins Deployed on the Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12.1.0.1 OMS and Agent (Doc ID 1431103.1)

You can review the below link for MS SQL plugin deploy on OMS and Agent,

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e35211/toc.htm

Once the 12.1.0.3.0 MS SQL plugin is deployed on OMS and on Agent try to dicover the targets again from console. I hope it will help.

Regards,

Biplab

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points