This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2013 6:11 AM by Mathias LSY RSS

[parly solved] List all tarantella application hosts and their attributes

Mathias LSY Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

On

How do I extract a list of all application hosts in a tarantella 4.20 installation?

I have over 800 host cn 's and i'd like to be able to collect their details for an audit.

In object manager I can search for "hosts" objects only, but I can't seem to "copy" that list in a usable format.

Can I use a tarantella object command with a filter to recursively list certain object types ?

I am trying commands like:

tarantella object list_contents --name "o=organization" but this only gives me the objects "at that level in the database.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

- jd

I would like to explain to proceed in three steps at least for identifying the application launch paths first ...

1.) Identify the correct ou of your application tree:

# tarantella object list_contents --name "o=applications"

Contents of .../_ens/o=applications:

cn=3270

cn=5250

cn=Applications

cn=Sun web site

cn=VT420 (server01)

cn=xterm (server01)

ou=MyCoustomerName

ou=Demo

ou=Test

2.) Chose the tree where your main applications are located in. It depends on your initial configuration and how your sgdadmin webgui structure grows up in the past. Repeat Step1+2 if your tree goes deeper and put an "/ou=XXX" additionally after MyCustomerName given in my example. Mind the quotation!

# tarantella object list_contents --name "o=applications/ou=MyCustomerName"

Contents of .../_ens/o=applications/ou=MyCustomerName:

cn=All my Apps Applications

cn=A Stupid Map Monitor

cn=CoreApp [Prod]

cn=CoreApp [Test]

cn=CoreApp Reports [Prod]

cn=CoreApp Client [prod]

cn=CoreApp User Mgmt. [prod]

cn=_System

3.) Now you know: "Yes I wanna see all Apps and launch pathes I configured under the "o=applications/ou=MyCustomerName" tree" then proceed with this simple script and maybe you named all your applications not with the given example "CoreApp" so you can stripe out the grep CoreApp here:

CUSTOMER=MyCustomerName ; IFS=$'\n' ; \

tarantella object list_contents --name "o=applications/ou=$CUSTOMER" | grep -i CoreApp > check-apps ; \

for i in $(cat check-apps) ; \

do tarantella object list_attributes --name "o=applications/ou=$CUSTOMER/$i" --app ; \

rm check-apps ; done

Regards, Mathias

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points