1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2013 12:09 PM by datsun80 RSS

New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent

datsun80

I just finished installing the latest cloud control 12.1.0.3 by following oracle document e22624.

Everything installed fine and I am able to login to cloud control. I manually added a target (our test server). The installation was successful with no errors.

However cloud control shows this: Metric evaluation error start - Unable to connect to the agent at https://server:3872/emd/main/ [Connection timed out: connect]

I ran the following on the test server to verify that the management agent is running:

/opt/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/agent/core/emctl status agent

and it shows this:

Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Database Control Release 11.2.0.3.0

Copyright (c) 1996, 2011 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Agent Version     : 10.2.0.4.4

OMS Version       : 10.2.0.4.4

Protocol Version  : 10.2.0.4.4

Agent Home        : /opt/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/server_test

Agent binaries    : /opt/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1

Agent Process ID  : 24514

Parent Process ID : 23632

Agent URL         : https://server:3938/emd/main

Repository URL    : https://server:1158/em/upload/

Started at        : 2013-11-15 13:16:53

Started by user   : oracle

Last Reload       : 2013-11-15 13:16:53

Last successful upload                       : 2013-11-15 14:34:02

Total Megabytes of XML files uploaded so far :     2.68

Number of XML files pending upload           :        0

Size of XML files pending upload(MB)         :     0.00

Available disk space on upload filesystem    :    81.34%

Data channel upload directory                : /opt/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/server_test/sysman/recv

Last successful heartbeat to OMS             : 2013-11-15 14:36:00

Agent is Running and Ready

It is clear from the status that something is not right. The test server currently has OEM Database Control installed. The directions said nothing about not being able to install Cloud Control and have OEM Database Control.

My question is this: Can I have both OEM Database Control and Cloud Control? If not, what do I have to do to get Cloud Control to work?

Thanks

• 1. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
          TSharma-Oracle

Set your Oracle home to your new Agent home and then run the "status" command. It looks like your oracle home is set to the old agent home.

Also, if your database control and OEM 12c cloud control agents are trying to use to the same port(3872 in your case), it can create a problem.

• 2. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
            datsun80

TSharma wrote:

Set your Oracle home to your new Agent home and then run the "status" command. It looks like your oracle home is set to the old agent home.

Also, if your database control and OEM 12c cloud control agents are trying to use to the same port(3872 in your case), it can create a problem.

That was quick. I am quite new to oracle so pardon what may seem as a dumb question. If I change my oracle_home variable won't that mess with the rest of the system? The current oracle_home is the correct one for the database that is running.

• 3. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
              TSharma-Oracle

You do not have to set permanently. Just set it for session window and you will be fine.

• 4. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
                datsun80

TSharma wrote:

You do not have to set permanently. Just set it for session window and you will be fine.

I'm not sure it worked.

I ran:

export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/agent
                emctl status agent

and I get the same results.

• 5. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
                  TSharma-Oracle

Your agent home will be

export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/agent/core/12.1.0.3.0

and run your command /opt/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/agent/core/12.1.0.3.0/bin

• 6. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
                    datsun80

TSharma wrote:

Your agent home will be

export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/agent/core/12.1.0.3.0

and run your command /opt/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/agent/core/12.1.0.3.0/bin

Wow, stupid mistake on my part. I did CD to the directory and ran emctl thinking it was using the one in the directory

I ran /opt/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/agent/core/12.1.0.3.0/bin and it worked.

Here is the output:

[oracle@server bin]$ /opt/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/agent/core/12.1.0.3.0/bin/emctl status agent

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 3

Copyright (c) 1996, 2013 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Agent Version     : 12.1.0.3.0

OMS Version       : 12.1.0.3.0

Protocol Version  : 12.1.0.1.0

Agent Home        : /opt/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/agent/agent_inst

Agent Binaries    : /opt/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/agent/core/12.1.0.3.0

Agent Process ID  : 20152

Parent Process ID : 20084

Agent URL         : https://server:3872/emd/main/

Repository URL    : https://newserver:4899/empbs/upload

Started at        : 2013-11-15 13:09:02

Last Reload       : (none)

Last successful upload                       : (none)

Last attempted upload                        : (none)

Total Megabytes of XML files uploaded so far : 0

Number of XML files pending upload           : 0

Size of XML files pending upload(MB)         : 0

Available disk space on upload filesystem    : 86.42%

Collection Status                            : Collections enabled

Heartbeat Status                             : Ok

Last attempted heartbeat to OMS              : 2013-11-15 15:18:27

Last successful heartbeat to OMS             : 2013-11-15 15:18:27

Next scheduled heartbeat to OMS              : 2013-11-15 15:19:27

I ran /opt/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/agent/core/12.1.0.3.0/bin/emctl upload agent and it said EMD upload completed successfully.

• 7. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
                      TSharma-Oracle

Run the "status" command again.

again, if the your dbcontrol and 12c agent and 10g agent are trying to use the same port, you will have problem. Is it possible for you to shutdown the 10g agent and check whether you can connect successfully.

• 8. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
                        datsun80

TSharma wrote:

Run the "status" command again.

again, if the your dbcontrol and 12c agent and 10g agent are trying to use the same port, you will have problem. Is it possible for you to shutdown the 10g agent and check whether you can connect successfully.

If it won't hurt anything yes I can shutdown the the 10g agent. To do that I just run this command correct?

emctl stop agent.

• 9. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
                          TSharma-Oracle

Yes but your home will be set to 10g agent home

• 10. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
                            datsun80

TSharma wrote:

Yes but your home will be set to 10g agent home

I ran the command but it didn't work. Since I am still pointed to the 10g agent home I just ran

emctl stop agent

And this showed up:

Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Database Control Release 11.2.0.3.0

Copyright (c) 1996, 2011 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control commands:

emctl start | stop dbconsole

emctl status | secure | setpasswd dbconsole

emctl config dbconsole -heap_size <size_value> -max_perm_size <size_value>

emctl status agent

emctl status agent -secure [-omsurl <http://<oms-hostname>:<oms-unsecure-port>/em/*>]

emctl getversion

emctl reload | upload | clearstate | getversion agent

emctl reload agent dynamicproperties [<Target_name>:<Target_Type>]....

emctl config agent <options>

emctl config agent updateTZ

emctl config agent getTZ

emctl resetTZ agent

emctl config agent credentials [<Target_name>[:<Target_Type>]]

emctl gensudoprops

emctl clearsudoprops

• 11. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
                              TSharma-Oracle

If its a dbconsole , the command should be

emctl stop dbconsole

• 12. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
                                datsun80

Ok so I shutdown the 10g agent. But it is still not working.

I ran update agent and then status agent and this is what I get:

Agent URL         : https://server:3872/emd/main/

Repository URL    : https://newserver:4899/empbs/upload

Last attempted heartbeat to OMS              : 2013-11-15 15:53:28

Last successful heartbeat to OMS             : 2013-11-15 15:53:28

Next scheduled heartbeat to OMS              : 2013-11-15 15:54:28

• 13. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
                                  TSharma-Oracle

You said when you run "emctl upload agent" , your command ran successfully. But it shows there was no attempt to upload. Try the upload command again and post the output of upload and status.

• 14. Re: New Cloud Control Setup - Unable to connect to the agent
                                    datsun80

TSharma wrote:

You said when you run "emctl upload agent" , your command ran successfully. But it shows there was no attempt to upload. Try the upload command again and post the output of upload and status.

[oracle@server bin]$ /opt/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/agent/core/12.1.0.3.0/bin/emctl upload agent

EMD upload completed successfully

[oracle@server bin]$ /opt/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/agent/core/12.1.0.3.0/bin/emctl status agent

Agent URL         : https://server.usoil.local:3872/emd/main/

Repository URL    : https://newserver.usoil.local:4899/empbs/upload

Last attempted heartbeat to OMS              : 2013-11-15 16:00:28

Last successful heartbeat to OMS             : 2013-11-15 16:00:28

Next scheduled heartbeat to OMS              : 2013-11-15 16:01:28

1 2 Previous Next