4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2013 6:23 PM by user12048358

Problems installing Oracle Developer Suite 10g in windows 7

user12048358

Hi Experts;

I have installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g in windows XP, but now I change to windows 7, 64 bits, I was trying to install this product and I'm having a lot of problems, apparently this product is not compatible with windows 7.

My question is, is there any product, like Oracle Developer Suite 10g for windows 7? I was looking for in the Oracle page, and  I couldn't see anything, may be the name is diferent.

Thanks for your help.

Al

• 1. Re: Problems installing Oracle Developer Suite 10g in windows 7
          CraigB

First off, Oracle Developer Suite (ODS) 10g is no longer supported so Oracle has discontinued improving the product.  While ODS is not certified by Oracle for use on Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit), you can install and use on Windows 7 (32/64 bit).  This is a commonly asked question so a search of the forum would have given you several solutions.

The limitations of the Oracle installer are:

1.  You must have Administrator rights to install.

2.  Windows 7 is not a supported version (it's version 6 and it is looking for version 5), so the installer exits.

3.  It's unable to recognize Windows Managed virtual memory.

To get around these limitations you must do the following:

1.  Modify your Virtual Memory settings and define a specific Min and Max amount.   Look at this MS article if you need help making this change: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/change-the-size-of-virtual-memory

2.  You must run the Oracle installer in compatibility mode for Windows XP.  To do this,

- Right-click on the setup.exe and select the Compatibility tab and click "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP SP2"

3.  While still in the properties and the compatibility tab, select the option, "Run as Administrator" and click OK.

Now run the Oracle setup.exe and your installation should succeed.

Craig...

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problems installing Oracle Developer Suite 10g in windows 7
            user12048358

Hi Craig;

Thanks for your help.

besides this product, does Oracle have another compatible with windows 7, grouping SQL developer, forms, and reports?

Best Regards

Al

• 3. Re: Problems installing Oracle Developer Suite 10g in windows 7
              CraigB

Al,

Yes, the latest version of Oracle Forms/Reports (Fusion Middleware 11g Release 2) is compatible and is Oracle certified on Windows 7.  Fusion Middleware (FMw) must be installed with the Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS); which replaces the Oracle Application Server and the OC4J component that was used with ODS 10g.  If you decide to install WLS and FMw instead of ODS, you will need to download and install WLS 10.3.5 or 10.3.6 before you install the FMw 11g product. Do not run the configuration step at the end of the WLS installation - FMw will perform this configuration during its installation.

The SQL Developer product does not come bundled with FMw but can be downloaded seperately.

Craig...

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Problems installing Oracle Developer Suite 10g in windows 7
                user12048358

Thank you very much Craig,  I think this is better idea.

Best Regards

Al