3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2013 9:25 AM by CraigB RSS

USING POST OR ALTERNATIVE IN FORMS

VvV

Hi,

I want to perform some validations in the when validate record or when validate item trigger.

My problem is that I need to post the value in database to perform some validations then display error or accept the value.

As POST cannot  be used in when validate item or when validate record trigger, I'm not able to get a proper solution.

There should be no commit, data will enter the table just for some validations.

Thanks if any suggestions could be provided.

Thanks

Avish

• 1. Re: USING POST OR ALTERNATIVE IN FORMS
          Vijetha

In trigger, Do all the required validation & later delete the particular record or data which ever is not needed for U.

• 2. Re: USING POST OR ALTERNATIVE IN FORMS
            Priyasagi

Use Global Temporary Table for such kind of need.

If you give little more clear detail, Its helpful to us to satisfy your exact requirement.

• 3. Re: USING POST OR ALTERNATIVE IN FORMS
              CraigB

VvV wrote:

Hi,

I want to perform some validations in the when validate record or when validate item trigger.

My problem is that I need to post the value in database to perform some validations then display error or accept the value.

As POST cannot  be used in when validate item or when validate record trigger, I'm not able to get a proper solution.

There should be no commit, data will enter the table just for some validations.

Thanks if any suggestions could be provided.

Thanks

Avish

Why do you need to POST the data in order to perform validations?

Craig...