1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 22, 2013 9:31 AM by Vortex13 RSS

Integrating Apex with EBS R12

Vortex13

Apex: 4.2.3

EBS: 12.1.3

DB: 11.1.0.7

Hello,

I have installed APEX in our EBS database. We are not using SSO, and our EBS middle tier is in a different domain than APEX.  Because of this I am unable to follow Rod West's document to integrate EBS and APEX using the FND_WEB_SEC package.

In order to get around this I have created my own JSP that passes the session_id for the user to the APEX URL. Apex is then able to get the EBS user information. This works well, but I need it to be more secure, so I want to encrypt the session_id in the JSP and then decrypt it in the APEX authorization scheme.

My question is how can I encrypt the session_id in the JSP (java), and then decrypt it in APEX (PL/SQL)? Do I need to call a pl/sql function from the JSP or can I use java classes (which is what I would prefer).

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Johnnie

• 1. Re: Integrating Apex with EBS R12
          Vortex13

Just to followup, I ended up calling the PL/SQL package to encrypt the session_id from the JSP.  This is working well for me, after doing some research it seemed like it would be a little complicated to try and ensure java and pl/sql would do the exact same encryption.

Thanks,

--Johnnie