6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2014 7:23 AM by vincent_deelen

Interactive report check box triggering an dynamic action

Eva E

Hi,

My interactive report is built based on the following query

SELECT ID_OPERACION, NOMBRE_CLIENTE, TOTAL_PAGAR, APEX_ITEM.CHECKBOX(1,O.ID_OPERACION, 'onclick="f_UpdateCollection(this)"',a.c001) "Seleccionar"

FROM OPERACIONES O, apex_collections a

WHERE a.c001 (+)= O.ID_OPERACION

and a.collection_name (+)= 'OPE_COLLECTION'

I'm using a collection because I don't want to lose the selected checks caused by the pagination.

I'm want to add a dynamic action that each time that a checkbox is selected, an item (P5_TOTAL_SELECCIONADO) sums the column TOTAL_PAGAR of all the selected check boxes, and that each time that a checkbox is deselected the item Total_seleccionado substracts the selected value.

How can i do that?

• 1. Re: Interactive report check box triggering an dynamic action
          vincent_deelen

Hi Eva,

Try a dynamic action, on click of jquery selector 'input[type="checkbox"]'. Add a condition of type javascript, condition:

$(this.triggeringElement).prop('checked')

Create a true action, type javascript:

var total = $(this.triggeringElement).closest('td[headers="TOTAL_PAGAR"]').text()

var total = $v('P5_TOTAL_SELECCIONADO') + total

$s('P5_TOTAL_SELECCIONADO',total)

and a false action, type javascript:

var total = $(this.triggeringElement).closest('td[headers="TOTAL_PAGAR"]').text()

var total = $v('P5_TOTAL_SELECCIONADO') - total

$s('P5_TOTAL_SELECCIONADO',total)

Regards,

Vincent

• 2. Re: Interactive report check box triggering an dynamic action
            Eva E

I don't know if I'm doing it correctly, I did what you said but I don't get any value.

I had created the app in my apex.oracle.com workspace.

The workspace is cositaslindas_2, the user is developer and the password is Abc1234*

The application is

IRCHECKBOX

Please check what I am doing wrong.

• 3. Re: Interactive report check box triggering an dynamic action
              vincent_deelen

Hi Eva,

Please check your application again and see if this is what you were thinking of.

I made a few changes. First of, here you were talking about P5_... items, in your apex.oracle workspace, the page number is 1, so I changed the P5_.. items to P1_...

Then you left the fire on page laod checkboxes on, but you don't want t the function to start evaluating on page load.

There were also some mistakes in the javascript I suggested. The selector for VALOR_PAGAR wasn't correct, I slightly changed that. Also all text values selected are strings and in javascript adding strings will just concatonate them. I made string to number conversion for you, also taking in account that null values (P1_TOTAL_SELECCIONADO on page load is null) can't be cast to number.

The result is:

var VALOR_PAGAR        = $(this.triggeringElement).closest('tr').find('td[headers="VALOR_PAGAR"]').text()

var TOTAL_SELECCIONADO = $v('P1_TOTAL_SELECCIONADO')

VALOR_PAGAR = (isNaN(VALOR_PAGAR = parseInt(VALOR_PAGAR)) ? 0 : VALOR_PAGAR)

TOTAL_SELECCIONADO = ( isNaN(TOTAL_SELECCIONADO = parseInt(TOTAL_SELECCIONADO)) ? 0 : TOTAL_SELECCIONADO)

var total              = VALOR_PAGAR + TOTAL_SELECCIONADO        

$s('P1_TOTAL_SELECCIONADO',total)

This is the code for adding checked checkboxes, the false action is the same except for total, which is:

var total              = VALOR_PAGAR - TOTAL_SELECCIONADO        

Regards,

Vincent

• 4. Re: Interactive report check box triggering an dynamic action
                Eva E

You are right,

Thanks a lot

• 5. Re: Interactive report check box triggering an dynamic action
                  Eva E

Hello

I got an issue with this, if I apply filters or use some code in order to not lose the selected rows, or change of page the dynamic action lose the effect. I need to filter some ids and selected them, and later select another and that the total sums all all of them.

Please your help

• 6. Re: Interactive report check box triggering an dynamic action
                    vincent_deelen

Hi Eva,

Make sure the event scope of the dynamic action is set to "Dynamic", rather than "Static"

Regards,

Vincent

http://vincentdeelen.blogspot.com