5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2013 2:42 PM by Joe R RSS

Apex Shuttle Label Spacing

60aae272-ac6b-47f5-ad21-f0e71ef5dbaf

Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble figuring out the spacing in the Apex Shuttle Label. I want part of the label to be above the left box of the shuttle, and part of the label to be above the right box of the shuttle. So far I have tried using parentheses and a variety of other methods to space this column appropriately. I am relatively new to APEX, and would appreciate any help in the area...

Tim

• 1. Re: Apex Shuttle Label Spacing
          dhuha

Hi Tim,

you can check out this example:

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=41877:5:

If this is the case that suits your needs, you need to do the following:

1) define item label as

<span id="leftLabel">Left Label</span><span id="rightLabel">Right Label</span>

2) add inline CSS in page attirbutes

span#rightLabel { margin-left: 118px }

For you specific needs, set the left margin as it best suits you.

Best regards,

Daniel

• 2. Re: Apex Shuttle Label Spacing

The example you sent is exactly what I want to accomplish with this. I have put in this:

<span id="leftLabel">Available Users</span><span id="rightLabel">Selected Users</span> in the Label section because I want Available Users on one side and Selected Users on the other. I went into page attributes and added span#rightLabel {margin-left: 118px} into the inline box under the CSS tab. It is not working, however. Did I do a part of it incorrectly? Thanks,

Tim

• 3. Re: Apex Shuttle Label Spacing
              dhuha

Hi,

if you have an earlier version of Apex which does not have CSS section in "Edit Page", you can put the CSS in HTML Header like this:

<style type="text/css">

span#rightLabel { margin-left: 118px }

</style>

Best regards,

Daniel

• 4. Re: Apex Shuttle Label Spacing

Hi Daniel,

I ended up finding the CSS tab after a little while. However, I have input <span id="leftLabel">Available Users</span><span id="rightLabel">Selected Users</span> in the label section and span#rightLabel {margin-left: 118px} in the CSS inline section, however it does not appear to be display on the page. Did I incorrectly input anything? Thanks!

TIm

• 5. Re: Apex Shuttle Label Spacing
                  Joe R

Tim,

I've used this approach in Version 4.0. It'll should work in your version.

In the HTML Header section for your page put:

<script type="text/javascript">
                      $(function()
                      {
                          $('<div class="fielddatabold">Available Users</div>').insertBefore('#Pxx_your_page_item_name_LEFT');
                          $('<div class="fielddatabold">Selected Users</div>').insertBefore('#Pxx_your_page_item_name_RIGHT');
                      }
                      );
                  </script>

Thanks,

Joe