12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2013 8:44 AM by Hirt-Oracle RSS

Connecting to Weblogic Domain Runtime mbean with JMC

bhijazi

Hi,

According to Introduction to Java Mission Control  we can either modify jmc.ini to add additional JVM argument or we can use '-vmarg' to overwrite the ones in jmc.ini or to add more argument use  --launcher.appendVmargs -vmarg. I have tried both of these options but I keep getting :

WARNING: Unknown command 'vmarg'. Error found at row 0, from position 0 to 4

Basically I need to connect to Weblogic Domain Runtime mbean. in Jconsole , all I needed to do to connect to WLS Domain runtime mbean was to specify the following :

jconsole -J-Djava.class.path=$JAVA_HOME/lib/jconsole.jar:$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar:$WL_HOME/server/lib/wlfullclient.jar -J-Djmx.remote.protocol.provider.pkgs=weblogic.management.remote -debug

And the service JMX URL would be ; service:jmx:t3://host:port/jndi/weblogic.management.mbeanservers.domainruntime

I have tried adding the following to jmc.ini

-Djava.class.path=$WL_HOME/server/lib/wlfullclient.jar // this file was generated and it is in that directory.

-Djmx.remote.protocol.provider.pkgs=weblogic.management.remote

-Djava.naming.factory.initial=weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory

And the service JMX URL I used is the same as the one stated above. When trying to connect  , I get the following exception :

Cannot instantiate class: weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory]

What that tells me is that the '-Djava.naming.factory.initial' is being recognized but for some reason the '-Djava.class.path' is not being recognized which explains the above error ! I have checked and double checked that 'wlfullclient.jar' exists and I am pointing to the right directory.

I have tried both jdk1.7.0_40 and jdk1.7.0_45 with no luck

Obviously I am missing something very trivial here but can't figure it out.

Please advice,

Thanks

BKH